GPU Overheats

I have a Geforce Titan when the ambient temperature in the room goes above typically 73/74F the GPU overheats and my monitor goes out and the only solution is to restart the computer.  Can I downgrade the GPU or will an aftermarket GPU cooler also help ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing I'd do is install hardware monitor or real temp to see how hot the cpu and gpu are getting, this problem could also be related to a faulty psu or one with not enough wattage to run the card.

Those temps is the CPU running at idle, besides browser being open.  Cooler is a generic CPU cooler, never decided to put an after market CPU cooler on this CPU, especially due it it's age.  It appears that if I want to keep using it, I may have too ?

You might want to pull the heatsink off it and reapply new thermal paste, even a cheap cooler like the hyper 212 would make a big difference in temps, 71 is way too hot for an idle temp so under load it must be overheating and causing your problems. That's just my opinion anyway maybe someone else has other ideas.