F@H GPU Work Units With Low Points

paulktreg

My PPD has dropped recently due to a GPU work unit that took about 4 days to complete (not running 24/7) for only 9000 points!

The next one I get will take about 1 day for 100,000 points!

From one extreme to the other. How do they work these things out?  :wacko:

It's mostly luck as to which WU your assigned,.. but you can fly client type advanced or beta flags to get higher paying WU's,.. or check work unit's project description if your getting better PPD folding Disease Type: Cancer, you can set up client to only fold Disease Type: Cancer.

Also if your TPF is above 7-min on most WU's your assigned then you need a more powerful card, and will need to adjust your overclock,..  you want to be able to run any WU your assigned in the 2-min TPF range for max PPD.

Edited by Braegnok

Time per Frame. The amount of time it takes 1% of the total work unit to complete.

I normally can run GPU at default settings with a 2 min + - TPF,.. but will pause work unit and bump up MHz and Vcore when my TPF is over 5-min.

Edited by Braegnok

Time per Frame. The amount of time it takes 1% of the total work unit to complete.

I normally can run GPU at default settings with a 2 min + - TPF,.. but will pause work unit and bump up MHz and Vcore when my TPF is over 5-min.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_02 Apr. 25 06.45.jpg  attachicon.gifScreenHunter_03 Apr. 25 06.50.jpg

So I run a slot for both my GPU and CPU; My CPU TPF is 1min30 or so but my GPU is around 18min!!!!

So that's poopy, right?

I need to OC that bad boy then?

With an 18 min TPF your leaving a lot of points on the table before you even start folding next WU,.. at default settings your client will download next WU when current WU is at 90% complete, and then next WU will set waiting with the clock running, clock starts instantly after unit is downloaded.

You can shave off time and get higher credit by going into configure settings expert settings, and add a flag [ next unit percentage 100 ]  then client will not download next WU till current unit is at 100 % completed.

Every TPF min is huge in credit received per work unit, so if you can shave off a few TPF min with a mild OC  and add 100% flag,.. your PPD will improve noticeably.  

Edited by Braegnok