Dark Souls 3

AAJoe

Ok all you masochists out there - who's playing DS3? :)

How many times have you died in how many hours?

I've started an assassin wielding a Katana and plan on seeing how far my would be samurai can make it before I really have to switch weapons. Running into some problems with Stamina due to its high FP drain, so I've been focused on that + some HP boosting early on.

Still havent found the second boss yet, so pretty early in. I'll take a screen after work today :)

Been playing it as a Knight class. Standard STR/Vigor build. Been using Butcher Knife and some shield. The game seems a better and easier to get into than the other ones. I don't think I lose as much max HP if I lose ember and I don't need to carry 1+ weapons to complete a map because of durability lost. The boss fights are easier than mini-bosses from my experience. Just beat the Abyss boss by running in circles waiting for him to finish his combo set.

I'm having fun with it.  Playing a knight with a fire infused claymore so haven't put hardly any points into STR just everything else for now.  Bosses are often beat on the first try, sometimes need a couple but it is easier than DS1 was.  Well so far anyway, I'm only lvl 50 or so.  

Im now about 35 hours in and I agree that its generally easier than DS2. I finally had to ditch the Katana at the Abyss Watcher fight and have gone back to the Estoc. Despite what Kittens said, the Abyss Watchers are the only ones to give me any real trouble. Beyond that so far the only real fight has been against a guy in the Boreal area beyond the Abyss Watchers. There's a HELL of a hard fight if you want to join a certain covenant, but since its apparently a primarily sorcerer covenant (and I am no such thing) I just skipped it.

I later learned part of the problem was I got to the Watchers a bit early, having skipped the entire Deacons area :D

So I moved to Estoc + Shield, which has made the game immeasurably easier.

I also have not undertaken ANY of the side quests on this run, which is kind of funny. I will probably play through again or do them on NG+.

Currently ~level 65.