FBI Gains Access to iPhone Without Help from Apple

CheeseMan42

When we last checked in on the saga of Apple vs. the FBI in regards to the former being compelled to help break iOS encryption to access the iPhone of the San Bernardino terrorists, some Apple employees said they would rather quit than break the encryption. The government has informed Apple that it will no longer require its assistance as it has successfully accessed the iPhone in question. This was revealed today in a court filing that stated "The government has now successfully accessed the data stored on Farook's iPhone and therefore no longer requires the assistance from Apple Inc. mandated by Court's Order Compelling Apple Inc. to Assist Agents in Search dated February 16, 2016." The announcement can be considered a victory for Apple and its many supporters who felt that giving the government access to the phone could set a dangerous precedent and compromise the security of iOS.

Source: Apple Insider

Back to original news post

I was surprised they didn't already have a way.

Of course they did! They just wanted to set a precedent and make it legal for them to hack any phone whenever they want and not have a lawsuit on their hands.

Still seems like a loss for apple, I don't see how it's a victory. :P

Because of what I said above^