need UPS reccomendation

Ste

having been out of the loop in pc hard ware for a long time I am looking for a AC line filter that has at least 6 minutes of battery back up.

>

main factor is keeping the line clean and a 3-5 year warranty, looking to spend 500 to 800 USD, suggestions?

$500-$800? Jesus. I spent $80 on my UPS and it runs my server for ~45 minutes before draining. You can spend a LOT less unless your desktop pulls a huge amount of power.

What does your machine draw from the wall under a typical load that you'd want to be able to sustain through an outage? Do any peripherals need to stay powered (monitor, speakers, etc)?

well as I said I more concerned with the quality of the line filter, but I can spend less if it will do the job, monitor and pc maybe 400-600 watts for at least 5-10 mins

Most UPS's will run input power through the internal filters/generators before powering gear, so even inexpensive UPS's tend to be pretty clean power.

Do you really pull 400-600 watts? What is the goal of the UPS?

Not knowing more, I'd suggest something like this: http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-1500VA-Mini-Tower/dp/B000FBK3QK

It should give you a few minutes on battery, although I'd question the goal of trying to stay up quite that long unless you've got a backup generator on a 5 minute delay or something similar.