Possible Temperature Problem

Fragsman

Hi guys.

I believe I have a temperature problem around.

Clues:

1. I got a Zotac 760gtx 4gb (coffee cup.. really hot card 82
Edited by Fragsman

Did you try running it with the side off, sometimes that will make a difference, hardware monitor is good as it will show lowest , actual, and highest temps but you have to check it while the pc is running as I don't think it will log temps, but it will give you an idea of how hot it is getting.

Yes i tried and it was worse.

I was editing this to say i meant heatsink not heatpipes in mobi. And by the way it was really hot to the point i could touch for 5 sec or so. And while editing post pc restarted 2 times so now it seems it is critical so im using cellphone for this but bios monitor is good idea for start thanks!

Great i just turned off pc for 25 min and now it starts but restart every 10 seconds so i cannot see bios monitor.. I believe now is not temp because it cannot go high from 0 to X in 10 seconds. I see a faulty component.. Ill open pc tomorrow. Unplug clean thermal paste test component by compnnnent. Dunno. Sorry for spelling im on phone

Are you sure your pump is working on the cooler , sounds like it may have died if it is restarting just being online ?

well u see now im worst but if werent working how should i know. Last time i saw cpu monitor temps were absolutely normal. Just mobi heatskink looked way too hot (but ita n impression im not hardware technician)

If you have the side off and start the pc with your finger on the pump you should be able to feel a vibration if the pump is working.

Ok that's something I will definitely take into account.

So I will review more about pumps in order to "test" it.

I'll also check turning PC with minimal components (to see if PSU is faulty and with component load is failing). It started rebooting while gaming but now is just 10 seconds from start or so

I could possibly check memory sticks but that doesn't seem to be the problem at all because it doesn't sound like a "software restart". You can see the PC shutting down (everyting off for 1sec and then starting again), when you make a logic restart components doesn't go OFF.

So I have a challenge here, I'll try to identify the problem or narrow the options.

Tests done by me

- Disconnected GPU and started system -> PC Restarts in 1 second
- Disconnected HDD and started system -> PC Restarts in 1 second
- Checked PSU FAN -> It works until PC restarts
- Checked CPU Corsair H60 PUMP -> It doesn't vibrate but I couldn't assure it is working or not
- Removing 2/3 Memory Modules and using Slot n

If the pump doesn't vibrate at all, it's probably not working. I've had horrible experience with AIO coolers, specifically with the pump. Not with Corsair, but with Swiftech, I went through 3 H240X in 6 months. All of them had the pump die on me. And let me tell you, as someone else mentioned, it gets hot very, very fast when the pump is dead.

My lazy google-fu says that you can't get to BIOS without a CPU installed, so your best bet at this point is to try booting with your stock cooler installed.

And just to touch back on your heating concerns from your GPU. If it's a blower type shroud, you shouldn't really be concerned of your GPU temps in terms of affecting your motherboard. Might see the mobo itself get warmer (heat transfer through the PCI-E slot) but the vast majority of the hot air is going to be blow outside the case.

Edited by MedievalNerd

I'm pissed of. I cannot know for certain the pump because my stock cooler is broken so I could put it but I need to press with my bare hands in order to be the screws... I see it very complicated and I'd have to remove the current.

But.. is not always the same.. most of the time it starts 1 second and restarts but if I let it go it migh go for 5-10 seconds max.. so if is the pump then it should be always the same time because temp will get temp in about same time, plus I touch and is not hot at all around processor.

I think the mobo is really fucked up. I looked in internet and there are some POST card to test them but I do not have. I believe it's faulty somehow. I'm loosing hope because it's not a soft problem and it's a hard one and i'm not technician.

I'll relax and back with ideas.