16 replies to this topic

#13 Onion

Onion

Onions are delicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

Not meaning to hijack this thread...BUT would 4 or 5 mobile devices be an issue for one router @2.4Ghz. I'm guessing I'll have to give you the modem info, but I don't remember it and I'm at work :(

Anything recent should have no trouble unless the 4-5 devices are all torrenting at the same time or something. Even then, I'm sure it would be okay.

Desktop: i7 6700K @ 4.9 GHz - Asus Z170A - Gigabyte GTX 970 - 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz - Samsung Evo 850 500 GB - EVGA SuperNova G2 750 - Noctua NH-D14 - Fractal Core 3300
MacBook Pro Retina 13: i5 5287U @ 3.3 Ghz - Intel Iris 6100 - 8 GB DDR3 1867 Mhz - 512 GB SSD

Peripherals: Dell UP2516D - Bose QC25 - Poker 3 w/ Cherry MX Blue - Corsair M65

Legacy Overclocks: Q9450 @ 4.0 GHz - Q6700 @ 4.0 GHz
OCC - Home of the Potato Overclock

#14 ivangela

ivangela

Professional Student

• Folding Member
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:31 PM

Not meaning to hijack this thread...BUT would 4 or 5 mobile devices be an issue for one router @2.4Ghz. I'm guessing I'll have to give you the modem info, but I don't remember it and I'm at work :(

Anything recent should have no trouble unless the 4-5 devices are all torrenting at the same time or something. Even then, I'm sure it would be okay.

thx...no torrenting here anymore

HTPC......Phenom II X4 940 BE @ 3.38.....AC Freezer 64 Pro......ASUS M4A79 Deluxe......2x2GB OCZ Platinum 1066......ASUS EN9500GT......Corsair CX430 PSU......WD Caviar Black 640GB and 1 TB......LG SuperMulti Blu-ray......Silverstone Black HTPC case

New Rig....i7 3770K (stock for now)....CM Hyper 212 Evo....ASrock Z77 Extreme4....16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB....XFX Black Edition 7770....Mushkin 550W modular....Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD....2x640GB WD Black....CM Storm Scout 2

sigimage.gif

"wealth...that first and greatest of all the forces within the grasp of man" Dumas

#15 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

In this thread #macbookproblems :P

Glad you got it all sorted out and are enjoying much better signal. I remember when I had my apartment how oversaturated 2.4GHz was and I hardwired my HTPC/Desktop and then was delighted when I got my new phone (old one couldn't do 5GHz) and then upgraded my laptop's wifi card to a dual band AC card :)

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#16 benzaminsusu

benzaminsusu

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have much of an option. Nearly all the people in my apartment complex are elderly as they all bought apartments in the 60s when this area of Paris was developing. Now I'm stuck run 3 with a guy that does tech classes that encourages people to use Office 2003 and tells people that anyone in IT other than him is an evil wizard. He's been feeding residents that crap for 50 years now, so there's not much I can do. Furthermore, the sheer amount of 2.4 Ghz APs is way too high for such a small area, even reorganizing them will leave all channels packed. I've got neighbors front, left, right, and behind, as well as over and under me. To avoid contributing to the 2.4 Ghz congestion issue, I plan on running strictly 5 Ghz (apartment should be small enough for it). Since I have only one neighbor running 5 Ghz, it leaves me plenty of room to get my own channel with no interference.

I meant -85 dBm. Its dog shit, but it should at least be better than what it currently is.

DD-WRT is available on both. I looked at a ton of benchmarks and pulled the trigger on the Nighthawk R7000 because it had a huge advantage... It was cheaper. :lol:

#17 KurtIDillon

KurtIDillon

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

I'm using Netgear router, it supports both 2.4 G and 5G wifi, but I don't like the 5G, it's not stable as 2.4G, so I have to disable it at last

Unfortunately, I don't have much of an option. Nearly all the people in my apartment complex are elderly as they all bought apartments in the 60s when this area of Paris was developing. Now I'm stuck with a guy that does tech classes that encourages people to use Office 2003 and tells people that anyone in IT other than him is an evil wizard. He's been feeding residents that crap for 50 years now, so there's not much I can do. Furthermore, the sheer amount of 2.4 Ghz APs is way too high for such a small area, even reorganizing them will leave all channels packed. I've got neighbors front, left, right, and behind, as well as over and under me. To avoid contributing to the 2.4 Ghz congestion issue, I plan on running strictly 5 Ghz (apartment should be small enough for it). Since I have only one neighbor running 5 Ghz, it leaves me plenty of room to get my own channel with no interference.

I meant -85 dBm. Its dog shit, but it should at least be better than what it currently is.