Photo
- - - - -

Keyboard died would like input on a replacement.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 whitefiretiger

whitefiretiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:26 AM

Ok my keyboard on my desktop bit the big one. Stopped at best buy and turns out i dont like regular keyboards lol. I got spoiled having the nice click to the keys and good responce on fast input.
Guess now the only keyboards that click are gaming keyboards and carry a heafty price.

So my question to my fellow overclockers is this...
Is there any reasonable price (maybe under $40) that will have a good click and responce to fast input?
Id like backlit too if i can but only if that doesnt brake the bank.

1429502.png

#2 Guest_onions_*

Guest_onions_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for a sub-$40 keyboard. It does sound like you'd really enjoy a mechanical keyboard, though.

For 70 bucks you can get a decent mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blue switches which are very clicky.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=ducky zero

Even cheaper, at 60 bucks is the TT eSports with imitation cherry mx blue switches. I personally owned this keyboard and it was GREAT. Absolutely loved it and highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.co...words=ttesports

#3 whitefiretiger

whitefiretiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:53 PM

Thats not too bad comparison to the $120+ i was finding.

Ive been using a keyboard that all the logos and stuff are missing now (owned it for 10years) and iirc it was a mechanical keyboard.
My biggest issue ive run into is say i type 999 fast and only get 99 or sometimes 9. Very frustrating when in a hurry.

1429502.png

#4 Guest_onions_*

Guest_onions_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

I've had that issue in the past. I can guarantee that unless you're doing something really weird on the TT eSports keyboard, you won't have that problem.

#5 lucio

lucio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

just because I'm curious, are Cherry keyboards good? heard it very comfortable to use...

#6 Guest_onions_*

Guest_onions_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Cherry brand keyboards, or keyboards with cherry switches?