New Build Q: Focusing on Oculus Rift use, component help requested.

HeadRusch1

Thanks Forum, I'll be brief.  My Ivy Bridge i7 that has run at 4.8ghz on air for the past several years will likely need to be upgraded for a new build catering to the Oculus Rift.  There's always a sweet-spot processor and motherboard combination floating around among the enthusiasts, and this is where I come to ask this question, hoping you can take a sec to share your thoughts as I'm out of the loop on 2016 components and overclocking techniques.

I'm either going to go with a pair of 980 Ti's or Titans (and swap my desktop to a 4K panel) and need a CPU to pair it with, depending on what makes sense.  I may start with 1 GPU at first, not sure, weighing the cost/benefit options based on what I learn.

If there is a link, great....but I'm hoping if it's a link to a 400 message thread....humbly requesting a summary from someone in the know?  With hat-in-hand he stood :)

Skylakes are what's out now, correct, and is it the same k chip bus speed change to overclock them, or has that process changed...I don't want to waste money, but I can spend a little more if the benefit is tangible.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by HeadRusch1