processor and graphic card combonations possible

lucio

I kept wondering but never really asked myself, does eg an Amd CPU always need an ATI GPU and an Intel CPU always needs to be combined with nvidia GPU, maybe it's stupid question but I get the feel PC builds are always like this? 

It doesn't matter. You get a different ecosystem with each one, yet in terms of performance all things are pretty even. Intel and AMD each have their strengths and weaknesses for processors, the same with AMD and NVIDIA for video cards.

As mentioned it makes ZERO difference as long as you're comparing similar generations, there can be quirky issues her and there but that applies with anything tech related.  

It really comes down to the average user and what they expect.  Most see both Intel and Nvidia as the "ultimate PC" these days and AMD as the "value"/"low end" option.  With that in mind when designing a PC for retail sales adding an AMD GPU with a high end Intel CPU is suicide when a 750ti will a lot of times outsell a much better AMD card in the same setup, yet if a shopper is open to AMD's CPUs they are likely looking for a value proposition and they get paired with (usually) more bang for the buck GPUs.  

Spend a year in retail sales and realize that 95% of peoples tech purchases are made based on two factors, what's cool to have and how much it costs.