Which Case? Corsair 750D Airflow, Cooler master 5 pro or 540 air Case

Hi there,

I have been doing a ton research aND watched every review on the cases in the title. I know there is a lot of forums on these cases but with the Coolermaster being of more recent release I am so unsure!!!

What I am wanting is a direct airflow case ideally with the psu cover and drive cages out of the way much like the Master 5 Pro. I like that there is no obstructions and with the Coiler master with the ability of 3 140mm fans can be put up front. 2 140mm fans with the 540 air but also no obstructinons

I however really like the look of the 750D and the included fans. Also same fans with the 540 air

I am wondering who has had experience with these cases or perhaps upgraded from one to another.

can the 750D look neat with just 1 video card and one AIO cooler (for now ) ?

The cooler master worries me with it lack of 280mm support up top.

The 540 air good quality even with lack of dust filters on psu ?

Any in sight suggestions amd shared experience would be great as I have only seen these cases online.

Also note as it will probably mentioned.I have also extensively looked at the Enthoo pro and pro m, prefer the pro m due to dirext airflow but not sure about appearance

Thanks for the help

cases don't matter really, at least that's I have heard from experienced guys, but I'm a budget guy, so can't say for the expensive ones, but I think they are just for show

They matter quite a bit actually. You can make any turd of a case look good and cool better than originally intended. 

As far as the OP's question each of the cases you have mentioned are really nice cases. I know one of our reviewers loves his Air 540. He ran it with AIO coolers on his GTX 670's and ran an AIO cooler on his CPU as well. I have not worked with the CoolerMaster case but the 750D is very nice and offers plenty of flexibility in a full tower case. The 750D would look fine with an AIO and single video card plus leave you room to expand later as your budget allows. 

cases don't matter really, at least that's I have heard from experienced guys, but I'm a budget guy, so can't say for the expensive ones, but I think they are just for show

They matter quite a bit actually. You can make any turd of a case look good and cool better than originally intended. 

As far as the OP's question each of the cases you have mentioned are really nice cases. I know one of our reviewers loves his Air 540. He ran it with AIO coolers on his GTX 670's and ran an AIO cooler on his CPU as well. I have not worked with the CoolerMaster case but the 750D is very nice and offers plenty of flexibility in a full tower case. The 750D would look fine with an AIO and single video card plus leave you room to expand later as your budget allows. 

CC is right, you can turn an average case into a monster, let's say Corsair's 550D ships with 3 coolers, but then you can pack some more punch by simply filling up the remaining cooler slots, adding water cooler to the top cooler slot and dropping the rig into liquid nitrogen. Should hum like a bumblebee. :D

Back to the OP: i'd say go for the one that looks aesthetically most pleasing and then has features you're looking for. Like, when i picked my current one, i wanted a case with an adequate (not necessarily best but i can live a couple degrees under) cooling, which is also quiet and had no side window or excessive front panel clutter. Aforementioned 550D came to be the top contender... And i am quite happy with it!

P.S: No, it's not sitting in a bath of liquid nitrogen, although i wish it did :D

Edited by That_Guy

That aside my Coolermaster Smooth Creations painted Stacker 830 is still a pretty bitchin chassis. My big problem is I dont want to cut on this beautiful case to improve the cooling and will be retiring it for a SFF build in the near future! Its still bad ass but newer chassis offer better baseline cooling!