Are we still comparing internet speeds?

Guest onions

If we are, I've been loving the fiber in France. That's megabytes, not megabits.

7d0c421bb9.png

I am one of those users that has no choice.

Charter Cable is on the poles out front but is TV only and poor quality at that.

My only internet source is AT&T.

I was on DSL/3mb for 5 years before AT&T routed U-Verse to my area.

Now I am on U-Verse/6mb (actual 7-8 because of the complaints of rated speeds not available).

I nave DTV bundled in with my internet - $123/mth

I would love to go faster and would pay for the privilege but, alas, I am stuck. :yucky:

I am one of those users that has no choice.

Charter Cable is on the poles out front but is TV only and poor quality at that.

My only internet source is AT&T.

I was on DSL/3mb for 5 years before AT&T routed U-Verse to my area.

Now I am on U-Verse/6mb (actual 7-8 because of the complaints of rated speeds not available).

I nave DTV bundled in with my internet - $123/mth

I would love to go faster and would pay for the privilege but, alas, I am stuck. :yucky:

In my experience, U-Verse wasn't that bad, just extremely expensive for the 20 Mb/s package. This was in Miami. Once I moved to Jacksonville and got my own place, I totally ditched home internet and just tethered to my T-Mobile unlimited plan. I had LTE everywhere and would use over 80 gigs of data a month with no throttling. At first it was supposed to just be temporary, but I stuck with it... For two years! I saved so much money.

Guest onions

Wow onions, that's nuts. I'm getting that same number but only in Megabits... between 25-30Mbps down to be exact.

To be fair, that's not my connection, its fiber at my aunt's place. My home connection isn't as good, but its definitely better than what I had back in the US. I have about 5 ms of ping, 50 down, and 20 up.