Need Graphics Card Upgrade

Rokkaholik

I'm not really looking into anything "NEW" since the wife is already upset, but something maybe 1-2 years old? I currently have an HD6870.

Maybe a 290X or a GTX 970? I've been out of this game for so long, I have no clue where to start

I figured out why the wife went all scowly on me when I was looking for video cards. I had shown her last night the 2 I was guessing would work for my needs, and it turns out she ordered one for me for christmas...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150743&cm_re=xfx_390-_-14-150-743-_-Product

Can't complain :-)

Now if I can just convince her I need to build a new rig around it.... Mine is 5 years old now....

I just hope it keeps Just Cause 3 running at decent framerates. My HD6870 has been PERFECT for all 3 Borderlands games and Just Cause 2. When I went to play Just Cause 3, it became choppy and slow motion the busier things became on the screen and in the game. My system currently has 12gb of DDR3 and a SSD for a hard drive, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.