Acer Predator x34

That_Guy

Well, finally got my hands on this gorgeous Acer Predator x34. Must say, i am really impressed with the colors and brightness, never had an IPS panel before. GSync makes gaming smooth as butter. The sheer size of this thing is staggering when compared to a 27" monitor. I like the design a lot and it could become "the" monitor for a good 4-5 years for me. Could. Unfortunately, the light bleed on this unit is... Well, see for yourself.

20151125_210255.jpg

Also, when trying to switch to 100Hz in NVidia panel with monitor overclocked to 100Hz causes the screen to go black. Works fine at 95 Hz.

Going to send it back to Newegg for a replacement, if the next unit has same problems will have to take my money back and wait until Asus releases their version.

UPDATE: Filed for a replacement with newegg, but i think i will just take my money back. Woke up this morning, tried to switch monitor to the game mode (game mode has dimmed brightness and you know how the bright screens are to the eye early in the morning). The monitor "supposedly" switched to Game mode and went black. OSD menu got stuck on "input" and wouldn't let me change anything else. Tried resetting it, disconnecting from power for a few minutes, rebooting my PC - nothing helped. I mean - lightbleed, broken OSD, unable to overclock to 100 Hz.... Complete failure. I am not looking forward to spending hunderds in shipping fees, buying a high-end monitor should not be a raffle.

Sorry Acer, next time try harder,
Edited by That_Guy

That light bleed looks pretty damn annoying. Some I can tolerate, but that's too much. Hopefully the next one you get is better.

The ASUS PG348Q is just coming out now, so Amazon and Newegg should hopefully have stock soon. Can keep an eye on it here.

After reading Predator X34 reviews, it seems issues like excessive IPS glow, unable to OC to 100hz, Blue Banding, unable to save OSD settings are just a few common issues with this panel.

The Predator X34 features an LG. Display LM340WU2-SSA1 AH-IPS panel, 8-bit color depth with FRC added to support 10-bit content, and no ULMB blur reduction mode,.. a few aspects of the LG design have been changed, the panel is still native 60Hz but Acer have built in an "overclocking" feature which allows the user to reach up to 100Hz, additional G-sync module, and Acer added an HDMI input. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm

The Dell U3415W features same LG LM340WU2-SSA1 AH-IPS pannel sells for $699.99. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3415w.htm

Personally for $1,290.00,.. I would not want replacement. I would go for full refund and get my money back.

Edited by Braegnok

After reading Predator X34 reviews, it seems issues like excessive IPS glow, unable to OC to 100hz, Blue Banding, unable to save OSD settings are just a few common issues with this panel.

Like the XR341CK Freesync model, the Predator X34 features an LG. Display LM340WU2-SSA1 AH-IPS panel, 8-bit color depth with FRC added to support 10-bit content, and no ULMB blur reduction mode.

Personally for $1,290.00,.. I would not want replacement. I would go for full refund and get my money back.

Yup, contacted Newegg CS today and changed "return" for "refund". Maybe i'll go with Asus Rog Swift for now. Truth be told, only after i saw it for myself , did i realize how weird it is watching movies or playing games with black "columns" on either side of the screen. 

Nice choice the Asus Swift is sweet.

There's an app to fix the 21:9 aspect ratio issue when streaming Netflix 16:9 movies,..  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/netflix-ultrawide-display/ohipjogbepngmhlggljgiibpfmmnohgc?hl=en

Not much you can do for Games that are not optimized to run at 21:9.  

Edited by Braegnok

Guess we know why it's called the predator...don't wanna become the prey for that thing haha

That light bleed looks pretty damn annoying. Some I can tolerate, but that's too much. Hopefully the next one you get is better.

The ASUS PG348Q is just coming out now, so Amazon and Newegg should hopefully have stock soon. Can keep an eye on it here.

+1, I wanted to be the first one to say "DAT LIGHTBLEED"