ASUS Z87 Gryphon help please

I just installed this motherboard in a Corsair Graphite 600T with an Intel i7-4770K + 16GB of RAM an Asetek Coolit Vantage and there is no way of getting anything displayed on the monitor.

I tried the onboard DVI and HDMI as well as my GTX780 and there is nothing displaying.

I also tried to clear the CMOS with the jumper moved AND the battery removed for 2 hours and I still can't get anything.

The fans are rolling, the cooler is displaying the fane speed as well as pump speed, the green light on the motherboard is on.

I verified 10x if everything is plugged properly and there is just nothing to do for the moment.

Please help me, a second tech head is needed as well as a fresh pair of eyes.

Thank you

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can be multiple things. Two simple things to do:

1. Try a different monitor. If that monitor works, it was the monitor you were using.

1a. Try the monitor that didn't work again. Ensure you select the input source properly. Maybe it's set to VGA instead of DVI-D or HDMI, or Auto, etc.

2. Remove the graphics card and use the iGPU connection through the motherboard. The default BIOS settings might be set to iGPU.

Hey El_Capitan thanks for jumping in.

Monitor is tested functionnal on my 2nd computer.

The Graphics card is removed and the monitor is plugged into the iGPU ports on the motherboard.

There is still nothing displaying.

The CPU is now at 36.8 and it slowly crawls up and it never reached that temperature in Idle.

The computer doesn't reach the Bios.

Read my previous post for what I also tried.

Alright I removed the cooler, re-seat the CPU.

Cleaned everything.

Applied some Arctic MX-4 and installed everything back.

There is still nothing showing on the monitor but the CPU now idles at 22 degrees (it's cold in my basement).

Anymore ideas guys?

At this point, I swap out a known good CPU, or try a known good MB, but not many people have those extra components.

It also could potentially be the PSU. Swap out a known good PSU and see if that works.

If the motherboard has diagnostics on it (most ASUS boards do), seeing what the error code says might help with troubleshooting.