256GB Flash Drive 3.0 USB Deal

phil69

Just got this in an email from Tiger Direct $69.99 with free shipping .

Looks like a good deal.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=9178852&sku=KNY-102585533&SRCCODE=WEBBP2673&cm_lm=8259df2b7ef9668f8c8b6060baff591d&cm_mmc=email-_-Retro-_-WEBBP2673-_-tigeremail2673&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBBP2673

If it's anything like my non-attache PNY Turbo 256GB, I love it but it has its shortcomings. It slows to a crawl on a rapid flux of small files (ex: maybe smaller than 100KB I'd say, but I never quantified it's unhappy spot), and mine died on me just under 8 months owning it BUT I had the most pleasurable and speedy RMA replacement of my life because it was still within its 1yr warranty.

I'll keep everyone posted on if the replacement drive meets a similar end or not. Perhaps I just happen to use it a lot (I really do) or perhaps they aren't very durable but in any case I have a little over two more months to go on the warranty and then 4 months after that to see if these drives are 8 month wonders or not. The sucky part is that I'm so obsessed with having a very fast flash drive this large that I'll have to shell out the big bucks to get another one if it does fail (got this one free after rebate last December). I rarely ever use my external HDD anymore (not that it's even working now because no body can make a durable 2.5" enclosure but that's a whole 'nother rant...).

TLDR: This drive will most likely FLY with files in the MB or higher range, is a good value but may or may not last based on my one drive experience.