Game crashes

chewy21

Hi All,

When I play computer games such as GTA V and Far Cry 4 my computer randomly crashes. I have the latest Nvidia GPU driver for my GTX 680 card. All Windows 10 updates are up to date.

I have tried a safe boot and the same thing happens but I have noticed that when I boot up, I hear the beep from the case and then a square black screen appears with the Windows 10 small circle of revolving white dots as the O/S boots up. It then launches Windows desktop and everything works fine - except my games!

I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro but my games still crash.

What causes this square black screen to appear over the Gigabyte boot screen? My monitor is wide span and I can see the edges of the Gigabyte boot screen behind the black screen for about 30 seconds.

Any ideas?.

Cheers.

My gig runs Windows 10 Pro x64bit clean installed 1st Oct 2015.

Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo

Corsair H80 watercooler.

16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mz

240 GB SSD Corsair Force 3

Corsair TX 750 PSU

GTX 2GB 680 GPU

Antec P183 v3 case.

2 TB HDD

300 MBs WiFi card

DVD-RW &  Blu Ray - RW Comb

post-78047-0-24716800-1444068629_thumb.jpg

post-78047-0-19295500-1444068683_thumb.jpg

Hi SpikeSoprano,

Greetings from the Uk!

Thanks for the suggestion.

One problem though - my O/S is Windows 10 Pro 64bit with UEFI bios.

Prior to Windows 10, I used F2 to get into my BIOS on bootup.

This doesn't happen in Windows 10 so how do I get into my UEFI bios to check re video card?

Online it is suggested I hold shift key and restart my computer. This loads recovery options one of which should be as attached image but when I do it on my Pc the option "UEFI Firmware Settings" is not there!

Any suggestions as to how I can get into my UEFI bios?

Many thanks for your input so far.

post-78047-0-14991200-1444154677_thumb.jpg

Hey Chewy, sorry didn't upgrade to w10 so not sure how it works, but on my gigabyte board I just tap delete after I hit the on button and it goes into bios settings, maybe some of the folks on here who use w10 and uefi bios can be of some help.

Just read the manual for that board, tapping the delete key after powering up should get you into the bios, having w10 for an os should not matter as your going to bios before the os loads, good luck !

here is a link to the manual

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z77x-ud5h_e.pdf

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Hi bp9801 and MikeSoprano,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am not qualified to clear the CMOS. I wouldn't know where to start and I understand it would delete my overclocking if I did.

I bought my gig as is and wouldn't want to tamper with the innards. Ok with changing a graphics card and memory etc but thats about it I am afraid.

It seems that Windows 10 boots so fast the it is impossible for the del or F2 option to work.

If there is no other solution perhaps I will go back to Windows 8.1 or even Windows 7 at least I could get into the UEFI bios with those O/S!

It would be  a shame because I like Windows 10's speed and layout.

Anyone else got any ideas on getting into the UEFI bios?

Cheers all.