NVidia G-Sync monitors arriving late

That_Guy

I've been looking at upgrading my old ViewSonic for something more flashy and gamer-grade, namely a 4k IPS GSync monitor. A few of them were announced back in July - including some magnificent (on paper) monitors from Asus and Acer, both using IPS panels and utitlizing latest and greatest from NVidia - the GSync technology. Since then, little was revealed about when said units may be available to the end-user. According to various speculations, the dates range from September 2015 to early 2016. Conducting my regular search on e-tailers websites such as Newegg and Amazon i couldnt help but notice that there are many monitors utilizing AMD's Freesync are already on the market. So, that really makes me wonder - what's the catch? Why do they make us wait? I, personally, am an Asus fanboy and hence, waiting on the IPS GSync monitor by that particular manufacturer although at this point i would gladly settle for a 34" Acer predator, if it was available with GSync. The Freesync verision is out there already, and considering that it works ONLY with AMD cards i assume it helps AMD rack up some money. Could someone explain that to me?

Well, ASUS has the ROG SWIFT PG278Q out. It's a 27" screen, 2560x1440, G-SYNC, and even 3D Vision support. Acer has the XB270HU. Same size and resolution as the ASUS, G-SYNC, but not 3D Vision.

If you're looking for the ASUS PG2749Q, Acer X34, or ASUS ROG SWIFT PG34Q, those should be out sometime in October at the earliest. The Acer 4K ones, the XB271HK and XB281HK, and the ASUS 4K, the PG27AQ, are in November or a bit later. The Acer Z35 isn't expected until December.