I am so done with Windows 10 I hate Bill Gates

jdm_freek

i tried Turning  off UEFI booting and i did not help i guess i will just have to call MS

Darn, it was worth a shot. I had a hell of a time with it.

Have you tried removing all your "extra" hardware that you don't need to get up and running?

i tried Turning off UEFI booting and i did not help i guess i will just have to call MS

Darn, it was worth a shot. I had a hell of a time with it.

Have you tried removing all your "extra" hardware that you don't need to get up and running?

Yeah the only thing I have running is my mouth my keyboard 1 optic drive 1 monitor and my SSD I think it may have something to do with the onboard bluetooth on a z87 classified board

windows 10 is great

since you have an actual CD, (I hope you mean with a retail key and not a user created hack)

see if you can do a clean install on a blank hard drive instead of upgrading. 

there still is some hardware that is not compatible though

at worst you can try a full hard drive swap with an already installed drive

be sure to google your motherboard / laptop to see if other users are having trouble

Edited by potatochobit

Upgrading from W7 to W10 is more problematic, as the whole bootloader stuff (technical term) changed in W8. I ran into a similar problem with my W7 machine and had difficulty getting W7 to boot again, after deciding W10 wasn't a good choice yet. My best advice is to have an image of W7 from where you liked it and recovery software for W7. Ideally, you would be running W10 in isolation.

Sorry you're having issues JDM.  I've done the upgrade on 3 machines now without much of a hiccup.  Two W7 Pro machines and one 8.1 Pro machine, running a variety of hardware from an old AMD dual core laptop, to an Intel LGA775 and Intel Z77.

I did all three installs from a thumb drive (installation files downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO) Thumb drive prepped and made bootable using Rufus.

I did an "upgrade" during the first pass (without saving anything) then after the upgrade install was done, I did a complete fresh install.  A little more time consuming, but I'm kind of anal about true "fresh" installs.

If you have a backup of all of your important files and data, you could try a fresh Windows 7 install, activate and then attempt the W10 installation immediately after.  I know that is the long way around and no guarantee that it would work, but might be worth a try.

If you have a backup of all of your important files and data, you could try a fresh Windows 7 install, activate and then attempt the W10 installation immediately after.  I know that is the long way around and no guarantee that it would work, but might be worth a try.

I did that on one machine successfully, but unless you have an up to the minute version of 7, 10 won't go until 7 is fully updated.

If you have a backup of all of your important files and data, you could try a fresh Windows 7 install, activate and then attempt the W10 installation immediately after. I know that is the long way around and no guarantee that it would work, but might be worth a try.

I did that on one machine successfully, but unless you have an up to the minute version of 7, 10 won't go until 7 is fully updated.
Not true at all. Use the media creation tool and just tell it to skip updating.

If you have a backup of all of your important files and data, you could try a fresh Windows 7 install, activate and then attempt the W10 installation immediately after. I know that is the long way around and no guarantee that it would work, but might be worth a try.

Not true at all. Use the media creation tool and just tell it to skip updating.
+1