• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheyCallMeGunny

TheyCallMeGunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

So I recently did a major review/comparison of the 5 major local recording programs, and while the video contains the FPS  monitor of the games themselves, along with the videos, it doesn't actually track the performance of the recorded file: As in some games I was PLAYING at 60 FPS but the recording would be significantly less due to fluctuations. Seeing as I put a lot of time into that video, I'd like to go back and see if I can add counters for the recorded files as well. Short of watching them with an FPS counter and recording that, is there any way to benchmark a video file and track how many frames it is displaying per second in realtime? If there is, I can easily turn that into a video overlay and edit it in there.

For help understanding what I mean, here's the video. Notice in the segment with the gameplay recordings (around 3:14), I have the framerate monitors enlarged up top. Those are the playing framerates, and obviously differ greatly from some of the videos at bottom (ahem, dxtory recording was about 1/4 the gameplay FPS). I want to throw in a second monitor with the file FPS as well:

Spoiler

Edited by TheyCallMeGunny, 25 August 2015 - 07:39 PM.

CPU-- i7-4790k @4.4GHz

MB-- MSI Pro Gamer Z87

RAM-- 16GB Vengeance Pro DDR3 2000MHz

GPU-- EVGA 2GB GTX 760 @1.2GHz

HDD-- 240GB Corsair Force LS

PSU-- COUGAR CMX 750 (750W Bronze)

CHASSIS-- NZXT Phantom (Being Painted and modded currently.)

#2 ccokeman

ccokeman

????????????

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12434 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

Interesting comparison! 

Processor Intel Core I7 4690X  4.3Ghz
Memory G.Skill RipJaws  32GB 2400Mhz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV BE
Graphics  GTX TitanX x2
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor ASUS PQ321Q
Cooling Liquid by comittee

Storage  OCZ RevoDrive 350 480GB  Seagate 8TB
Follow OCC on facebook.png

#3 gebraset

gebraset

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:59 PM

Excellent video! :) I definitely enjoyed the commentary at the end, and the details on how you came to the conclusion on which screen recorder you happened to think is the best. Any thoughts of running a standard benchmark through them all, and then graphing the FPS throughout? Might take a bit longer, but could provide us all with some useful data, yes?

Gateway NV52L15u

15.6” HD LED LCD | AMD A10-5750M | AMD Radeon 8650G | Samsung 850 EVO 256GB | 8GB DDR3 1600

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revived Gaming PC

HP w2207h LCD | AMD Phenom 9150e @ 2.165GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti | HGST 500GB 7,200RPM | 4GB DDR2 800

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------