dupp

Hi, ive just built this new rig:

• EVGA Z97 Classified motherboard

• EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ gpu

• i7 4790k devils canyon cpu

• HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz (2 x 8GB) HX318C10FBK2/16 Ram

• EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 80 PLUS Platinum 1200 W power supply
  • Samsung 850 EVO ssd

Problem is, sometimes when i boot the computer, it will enter a reboot loop beeping at each one, with error 55 showing on the board, which is no memory detected.
I tryed other ram sticks which are G.SKILL Ripjaws (2X8gb) F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL. Still the same problem.
Since then, I changed my memory timings on my HyperX sticks to Evga's suggested, which is

Kingston

KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX

4GB

1866MHz

9-11-9-27

2+4

(source:https://www.evga.com/support/motherboard/)

You might of noticed the part no on these memory isnt the same as mine, which is HX318C10FBK2/16 and not KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX, Its because the part no of the ram ive got isnt in evga's list, as I think, is my ram incompatible ?
Can I do anything to make the sticks work on my computer, or, is the ram even my problem ?

I just had a random crash (reboot) while playing a game and managed to get the event log of this one. (after checking this seems to be related to my ethernet connection maybe its not related)

Level    Date and Time    Source    Event ID    Task Category
Error    8/16/2015 1:45:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    131    None    Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80070490'
Error    8/16/2015 1:45:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    131    None    Metadata staging failed, result={49724AD8-F666-5960-BC45-90616E4E3B73} for container '0x80070490'
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:38 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    122    None    Access to drivers on Windows Update was blocked by policy
Error    8/16/2015 1:45:38 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    131    None    Metadata staging failed, result={49724AD8-F666-5960-BC45-90616E4E3B73} for container '0xC00CEE04'
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:38 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    122    None    Access to drivers on Windows Update was blocked by policy
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:09 AM    e1iexpress    27    None    "Intel® I210 Gigabit Network Connection
 Network link is disconnected.
"
Error    8/16/2015 1:45:08 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    131    None    Metadata staging failed, result={F986B793-CB5E-5267-AF5E-88E363462B9E} for container '0x80070490'
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    201    None    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    201    None    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    202    None    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    202    None    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
Error    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    131    None    Metadata staging failed, result={49724AD8-F666-5960-BC45-90616E4E3B73} for container '0xC00CEE04'
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    200    None    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    200    None    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
Warning    8/16/2015 1:45:07 AM    Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler    414    Task Misconfiguration    Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Aero Glass definition. Additional Data: Error Value: C:\AeroGlass\aerohost.exe.

Are you trying to run dual channel?  There might be an issue with the memory channels on the mobo...trying running them in single channel and see what happens...if so might need to rma?

Random crash --------  Windows error 55

ERROR_DEV_NOT_EXIST - The specified network resource or device is no longer available. 

It definitely sounds to be Ethernet. If you are not using ethernet, i would suggest disabling it. 

And also check bios settings for ethernet, network boot options should be disabled.

I suspect the ram slots on your motherboard are faulty.

This is my second motherboard.

ERROR_DEV_NOT_EXIST - The specified network resource or device is no longer available. 

It definitely sounds to be Ethernet. If you are not using ethernet, i would suggest disabling it. 

And also check bios settings for ethernet, network boot options should be disabled.

Ill try to disable network boot in the boot menu, do you really thinkj that this could make my computer crash when its running in windows ?

Ill try to disable network boot in the boot menu, do you really thinkj that this could make my computer crash when its running in windows ?

Alright, not sure what actions are triggering your windows crash and time frame your computer crashes, so if you do know it then that's great..

Boot in safe-mode without networking and see if the problem re-occurs. I am somehow convinced that it might not crash. 

To your question windows crashing? sure it might, bad Ethernet port/adapter etc.. Driver!.... list goes on. (But again this is your second M.board)

Its all about process of elimination here :)

I think some one had similar concerns on a different forum i used to be active...check it out...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/15141-63-something-wrong-crashes-ethernet

Edited by get_saif

Alright, not sure what actions are triggering your windows crash and time frame your computer crashes, so if you do know it then that's great..

Boot in safe-mode without networking and see if the problem re-occurs. I am somehow convinced that it might not crash. 

To your question windows crashing? sure it might, bad Ethernet port/adapter etc.. Driver!.... list goes on. (But again this is your second M.board)

Its all about process of elimination here :)

I think some one had similar concerns on a different forum i used to be active...check it out...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/15141-63-something-wrong-crashes-ethernet

Found the problem with the random crash, it was the driver of the external storage on which is installed the game I was playing when the crash occured (it is a usb/network adapter combo) but I am still getting Error 55 when I boot the computer, I tryed with only one dimm of ram in each slot (with both sticks) still error 55 when booting, its kinda weird since It happens one time out of two, Ill try to reseat my cpu cooler maybe. (h100i)

Edited by dupp

While you are re-seating the CPU cooler go ahead and remove the processor and check the socket pins, make sure that none of them are bent.

Inspect the contact pads on the bottom side of the processor and make sure that it appears all socket pins are making good contact with the pads.

When reinstalling the cpu cooler, make sure that it is sitting flush (flat) on top of the IHS and make sure not to over-tighten the mounting mechanisms.

Problem #1 with the driver issue on the external drive is an important reminder that everyone looking for assistance should list their Full hardware specs. all of the time, including all internal hardware as well as external peripherals.

While you are re-seating the CPU cooler go ahead and remove the processor and check the socket pins, make sure that none of them are bent.

Inspect the contact pads on the bottom side of the processor and make sure that it appears all socket pins are making good contact with the pads.

When reinstalling the cpu cooler, make sure that it is sitting flush (flat) on top of the IHS and make sure not to over-tighten the mounting mechanisms.

Problem #1 with the driver issue on the external drive is an important reminder that everyone looking for assistance should list their Full hardware specs. all of the time, including all internal hardware as well as external peripherals.

Pins were fine, I noticed that my h100i bracket in the back had a overlapped "bolt", so one of the 4 screws was tightening more (or less idk), reinstalled the cpu, then the pump, voila! problems are gone !!

Admins please mark this topic as solved

Thanks for the replies guys btw :thx::wub:

Edit: Oh and also, I loosened the screw holding the cpu bracket (the one under the cpu) This might of been the fix, who knows :teehee:

Edited by dupp

you wouldnt believe how many headaches are caused by little screws from people installing motherboars and CPUs

most people dont realize how fast a CPU gets hot and shuts down to protect itself after start up or problems caused by grounding issues

you can even permantenly damage motherboards by installing the spacers wrong