New Build z97

get_saif

It's possible that the board is meant to do that, try installing into the top PCI slot. I know many boards offer a 16x slot and an 8x slot If that doesn't fix the issue I'm not sure if I would even worry about it, I don't think even a Titan would saturate an 8x PCI slot.

Also, you built that thing pretty darn fast :D

It's possible that the board is meant to do that, try installing into the top PCI slot. I know many boards offer a 16x slot and an 8x slot If that doesn't fix the issue I'm not sure if I would even worry about it, I don't think even a Titan would saturate an 8x PCI slot.

Also, you built that thing pretty darn fast :D

Thats what i thought..i should not be worrying about x16 or x8, the difference is just 1~2 FPS. So hell, i am just going to run it the way it is then. As you say x8 getting saturated is very minimalistic :)

Yea built that thing say research for about 5days, and assembling in an hour :) got the game dragon age inquisition installed right away for testing.

had trouble figuring out the usb boot thing to install windows.

Using the 5way optimization software from Asus for this board able to touch 4.6Ghz on CPU. 

Randomly overclocked the gpu as you see in my previous post pic. The card is very stable. 

I love the way corsair link gives out the temperature and Watt usage.. Thats good.

So all in all it was darn fast  :whistling:

You should put it is the top slot to run at 16x. If you look at the PCIe slot breakdown in the manual you it shows that when you populate the lower slot it will run at 8x. 

So you read the manual :) , going to ask you a question which has been on my mind parallel to the above. 

I have installed a Wireless card on pci 2.0 on the second slot above the gpu, do you think that has slowed the pci 3.0 slot? or its just the way the board is designed? 

I never read the manuals  :withstupid:

Z97's boards don't have enough lanes to run two cards at 16x, so what most manufactures do is offer a board where the Top slot is meant to run at either 16x or 8x. If you have two cards the default is to run them both at 8x (I believe) because current gen cards don't require enough bandwidth to even really need a 16x slot.

Most of them choose the bottom slot to always run at 8x.

If you want to run the card in an 8x like ccokeman said you will have to put the graphics card in the top slot. I would listen to him, he really knows his stuff.

For a fact i know for SLI it works only at x8*x8.

For a single card on first slot OR second slot should work x16.

At this point i understand somethings not right. The second slot alone is working at x8, were in it should work at x16. However, the question was if any other card like wifi card is installed, the bus and lanes lag?

And i just got 1 gtx 980 $$$

Anyhow guys, thanks for your replies. It had been ages i had been on this forum. It was nice to build a quick rig..