Is Core Temp safe to use?

uneedav8

Is Core Temp safe to use? I have read it is malware, the site is blocked by Open DNS. if not, what is equivalent? I am looking for something that displays the CPU temp in the taskbar, thanks!

I've been using Core Temp for years. No issues. Can always grab it from here if the main site is having issues. Could be an infected ad or something.

Otherwise, there's SiSoft Sandra, HWMonitor, and Real Temp, among others.

I use Core Temp for everything.  The site might have been flagged with a bad ad as bp suggests, the software itself has been, traditionally, clean.

I have encountered a few places where it has been bundled with some nasty stuff, no fault of coretemp, just dirt bags adding things in and me not paying attention to where I was getting it from. Just make sure you get it from a reputable place and all is good.

My windows 7 was acting up. Not many software, it was just used for browsing on a decent config.

I had core temp in taskbar.. never could understand why the system slowed down. May be it was this i wonder :wallbash:

Or its just false alarm.

Edited by get_saif

• 2 weeks later...

Just some help for anyone that finds this searching later, if you click the "more downloads" link (Red below) below the standard DL button the their site you can get the uncrappified versions ( blue section appears) without even needing to opt out of the crap installs during setup.

30vyzyd.jpg