COUGAR 700K Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviewed

Bosco

Very nice review Amanda!

I have been in the market for a new keyboard for a few months now.

This might be a contender but as I am typing this post I notice that I use the center of the spacebar when I type.

So yeah, not to talk anymore about your horrible spacebar experience. I kind of feel like I would have the same issue.

I also kind of wish that since it did allow you to turn on the backlighting on any keys it would have also come with the option of choosing different colours for each key.

I want a keyboard that will do like a neon green on the WASD keys when I am gaming. It would have been nice back when I was big into WoWto have different colours on the keys so I could just say Red = Sheild Slam.

Sounds like you want an RGB keyboard, like the Corsair K65, K70, or K95 RGB.

That split space bar is definitely funky, and not something I could easily get use to either, since most of the time my right thumb is hitting the space bar and not the left thumb. When I'm gaming, then yeah, it's the left thumb, but typing? Typing is the right thumb, so I would have to do like Amanda and get it remapped for both sets of space bars to be a space bar.

Does the keyboard remember the backlight settings? With and without the software(built in memory, i assume for software it loads the settings when the program loads up if no memory)?

I can confirm it works as last configured even without the software installed.

Sounds like you want an RGB keyboard, like the Corsair K65, K70, or K95 RGB.

That split space bar is definitely funky, and not something I could easily get use to either, since most of the time my right thumb is hitting the space bar and not the left thumb. When I'm gaming, then yeah, it's the left thumb, but typing? Typing is the right thumb, so I would have to do like Amanda and get it remapped for both sets of space bars to be a space bar.

I will take a look at these as well! Thanks Troy!

• 3 weeks later...

Does the keyboard remember the backlight settings? With and without the software(built in memory, i assume for software it loads the settings when the program loads up if no memory)?

I can confirm it works as last configured even without the software installed.

Cool to know(would be nice to see it mentioned in keyboard reviews with backlights in the future :) ), seems like no back light memory is an issue for some decent keyboards but this seems okay. Was the keyboard unplugged/ used on another pc to see if it wasn't just the usb ports providing power during shutdown? Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this