CoolerMaster V8 GTS

I have an Intel i7-5820K CPU installed on a Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 mo/bo. These components are going into my new build. The mo/bo is going to be mounted vertically in the case. Is there any concerns I should have about using the CoolerMaster V8 GTS heatsink as far as the weight putting too much stress on the mo/bo? I know the UD on my mo/bo means ultra durable but, the V8 GTS looks heavy. Thanks for any discussions or suggestions!

I have a UD3 with a noctua d15 hanging off it and it doesn't seem to be an issue. It weighs almost a full pound more than the V8GTS

Just be sure to follow the instructions and make sure the motherboard is well secured. The max rated cpu cooler weight should be listed somewhere but I wouldn't worry about it. My cooler weighs around 4 times more than the motherboard is "rated" for.

It's impressive in size, looks, and specs...but it's merely good in terms of cooling performance, and the mounting system makes my blood pressure go up just thinking about it. :lol:

Mounting it outside a case is a LOT easier though.

Waco I doubt I will ever own a PCB bender like that or the D-15. my water cooling setup outperforms all the new self contained stuff in its twilight years so im good with it. Just need an upgraded block now and im set for another half to full decade of overclocking.

I just don't get rid of things anymore.... lol, maybe cause im broke.

I'm rocking a damn near 10 year old Laing D5 and a hodgepodge of watercooling gear I've acquired over the years. The only thing I ever change is the block! :lol:

Big ole D15 keeps my old 45nm Xeon below 65c. Thats at 4ghz and 1.4v no less.

That being said I really want to invest in a nice watercooling setup, and yes I am jealous.

Big ole D15 keeps my old 45nm Xeon below 65c. Thats at 4ghz and 1.4v no less.

That being said I really want to invest in a nice watercooling setup, and yes I am jealous.

It would be maybe 10c colder if you have a great radiator and block. My setup keeps the old 3930k at max 65c under occt linpak load. I just put a new o ring on the waterblock and good as new.

My setup.

Waterblock: swiftech appogee XT9

pump: Lang d5 various @ 50%

Radiator: xspc rx360 v1

Res: xspc d5 bay res

Fans: scythe pwm 1200rpm 120-25

I should just pick up $100 worth of watercooling parts every other paycheck. It's not that I will really be gaining much cooling especially since the chokes on my motherboard are literally screaming under load. Good watercooling parts just seem to last forever and they are really cool.

What I would really like to do is throw the d15 on my wifes 8320, I bet it can hit 5.0ghz with that beast.

Edited by GabrielT