Ideal Placement for Silver Coils

Howdy there,

So I'm in the final stages of preperations for the loop while I wait for some final pieces of hardware. And I was wondering if any of you would have suggestions on ideal placement for silver coils, or rather places to avoid putting it. I heard that  'in' the reservoir isn't a good idea, because it ends up banging against the metal inside the rez and it's not a good thing.

If you look at my flow chart below, I intended on putting the first one in the tubing leading to the rez from the loop.

And the other would be in the tube between the rez and the pump itself.

Would having a coil right in the path of the water intake of the pump lead to turbulence or cavitation (don't know how to spell that word, when something rushes past a uneven surface with enough pressure to create a pocket of 'air')?

Black_Hydra_Custom_Loop_Flow_Chart.png

I always put it in the reservoir. I have actually used silver earrings as an alternative replacement for a silver coil. One time it was all I had on hand.  As far as moving around in the res I have had no problems.  I have used them in a Swiftech Micro res and in a couple Bitspower 150mm tubes. 

I always put it in the reservoir. I have actually used silver earrings as an alternative replacement for a silver coil. One time it was all I had on hand.  As far as moving around in the res I have had no problems.  I have used them in a Swiftech Micro res and in a couple Bitspower 150mm tubes. 

Yeah, but the base of the Phobya reservoir is Nickel, won't it banging against the metal be bad? (I have no idea what I'm talking about hence I'm asking all the questions that come across my mind)

Thanks for your patience,

It will find a path to the area with the lowest turbulence and sit there usually. Monsoon does make a plug for use in this instance. Forgot about those and am using one in my gaming rig. 

http://monsooncooling.com/plugs.php

Shoot budget is completely busted already, couldn't afford another simple coil if I wanted to. I think the total liquid in the loop will be pretty much around 1 full liter, so technically I should go with 2 coils.

Is there a reason why placing it inside a tube is a bad idea?

Cool, I hear ya.

In any case, It'll be quite easy how much movement the coils make in the reservoir, plus you guys seem quite comfortable with the idea. And I think with the splitter chamber thing, it'll keep them quite cozzy standing upwards.

Unless those sweet plugs are available somewhere in Canada, I'd end up paying a lot in shipping, not to mention the mandatory 25$ duty fee. :/

Edited by MedievalNerd