Getting my of custom painted

jpfabion

Hey guys just reaching out..I live in Connecticut and I'm looking for a custom paint job for my ml07 as well as an artist to draw something spectacular on it ...can ANYONe point me in the right direction as to who or where I can get this done? Please

It depends on what you can afford. If you are paying top dollar you could probably pay Bill Owen at MNPCTech to do it.

If not you'd probably be better off finding someone local or learning to do it yourself.

Case modding is fun and simple enough. Plus there's the satisfaction of making something your own.

It depends on what you can afford. If you are paying top dollar you could probably pay Bill Owen at MNPCTech to do it.

If not you'd probably be better off finding someone local or learning to do it yourself.

Case modding is fun and simple enough. Plus there's the satisfaction of making something your own.

Exactly! I once made a case that looked like a boat! Well, maybe not really "like a boat". Technically, i took my PC onto my friend's boat that was parked on a trailer in my backyard and ran a cable to power it up. So it wasn't really a case shaped like a boat, more like a housing. It got flooded eventually. We didnt go to the sea, i spilled beer on my keyboard. Anyway, modding is always fun, just like Locutus said!

Exactly! I once made a case that looked like a boat! Well, maybe not really "like a boat". Technically, i took my PC onto my friend's boat that was parked on a trailer in my backyard and ran a cable to power it up. So it wasn't really a case shaped like a boat, more like a housing. It got flooded eventually. We didnt go to the sea, i spilled beer on my keyboard. Anyway, modding is always fun, just like Locutus said!
Fun ...yea.... noted. Where can I get advice on how to proceed in learning how to paint my PC chassis and as far as the art work goes I guess I would have to find am artist right?. Be glad for any links to the learning process ...this should be fun

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on your area you might be able to find an airbrush artist. Call an auto shop that does custom work. See if they if they know a good airbrush guy. A cycle shop or even a lowrider place would be perfect. Doing the bulk of the prep and even the base coat will save you a bunch of money.

Personally I wouldn't even prime the outside. Scuff the paint that is on there with 400 grit sandpaper and a sanding block. Follow with a few light coats of base until you have an even finish. Follow drying time directions before attempting to move it and then have your airbrush artist do the last steps. Home clear coat is tricky but can be done if you need to.

• Like 1

Depending on your area you might be able to find an airbrush artist. Call an auto shop that does custom work. See if they if they know a good airbrush guy. A cycle shop or even a lowrider place would be perfect. Doing the bulk of the prep and even the base coat will save you a bunch of money.

Personally I wouldn't even prime the outside. Scuff the paint that is on there with 400 grit sandpaper and a sanding block. Follow with a few light coats of base until you have an even finish. Follow drying time directions before attempting to move it and then have your airbrush artist do the last steps. Home clear coat is tricky but can be done if you need to.

Thank you. Now that's basic starting point for me. Got it and will be taking the advice. However what brand paint should I consider or is better on a case like the ML07? The colour I want is artic white.

Ok white changes things. I would get a good primer, actually two different kinds, one regular and one for plastic. As for the top coat a satin finish white might be your best bet. A white primer will make coverage easier too.

For the plastic. 1 will be plenty.

http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-209460-Plastic-Primer-Spray/dp/B0002YTW8K/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1437187217&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=krylon+fusion+primer

And for the rest. I would get two cans of this kind.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LDBDHU/ref=twister_B00BW14BYM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Prime the plastic then pain everything with the second kind of paint I listed. You don't have to get those brands, just make sure to not buy the cheapest paint you can find.

I haven't had any luck with cheap clearcoat, this stuff is spendy but it is supposed to be awesome. Maybe have someone else paint this on if you haven't used a clear coat before. http://www.amazon.com/Spray-High-Gloss-Clearcoat-Aerosol/dp/B0043B7UQY/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1437187520&sr=1-2&keywords=clearcoat+spray

Just so you know, good work costs good money. Expect to pay your painter well if the designs you have in mind are elaborate.

Good luck and have fun :D

Edited by GabrielT