amd r9 fury bench leaked?

Truth or not Korea claims the new amd r9 fury x gpus do have what it takes to handle the gtx titan. Not too sure how accurate it is but tech powerup seems to think so. Click the link.

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/213528/radeon-fury-x-outperforms-geforce-gtx-titan-x-fury-to-gtx-980-ti-3dmark-bench.html

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think so. They made it a primarily gaming card, no more super compute abilities.

Last I read they didn't gimp double precision at all...

So its faster then the 980ti with a handicap.. Lol

as a gamer i could care less all i want to know is 

is it faster in gaming 

and is it cheaper 

so no  super compute abilities

as far as i know not many gamers have use for this .

but im sure the green faithful will find some way to justify buy a 980 ti / titan x 

Let's see some proper benchmarks, other than a synthetic which doesn't correspond to actual gaming performance, and some more common resolutions than those 4K benchmarks released by AMD (ie 1920x1080 and 2560x1440) before we jump to conclusions. 

I think the Fury is going to be good value for money, but let's see how it overclocks (especially since I saw that HBM frequency is going to be locked).
The core clock of the 980Ti already OC's about 250MHz above base clock, and ends up boosting near 1450MHz, and the memory can be OC'ed from 7GHz to nearly 8Ghz.

Let's see some proper benchmarks, other than a synthetic which doesn't correspond to actual gaming performance, and some more common resolutions than those 4K benchmarks released by AMD (ie 1920x1080 and 2560x1440) before we jump to conclusions. 

I think the Fury is going to be good value for money, but let's see how it overclocks (especially since I saw that HBM frequency is going to be locked).

The core clock of the 980Ti already OC's about 250MHz above base clock, and ends up boosting near 1450MHz, and the memory can be OC'ed from 7GHz to nearly 8Ghz.

i agree but everyone keep talking about next gen games and future proofing then i ant to see 4k benchmarks 

because if you're going to benchmark a gpu meant for 4k at 1920x1080 then why not say hell lets see how it does at 800x600 

i agree but everyone keep talking about next gen games and future proofing then i ant to see 4k benchmarks 

because if you're going to benchmark a gpu meant for 4k at 1920x1080 then why not say hell lets see how it does at 800x600 

:cheers:

amd is going to have to give away free 4k monitors with every top tier gpu because to many people are still using 1080p 

and do not get to see how great amd actually is.take the 390x vs the gtx 980 at 1080p the 980 wins hands down hell the 970 for that matter 

but at 4k its a completely different story. 1080p is a dinosaur now its time to move on to bigger and better things   

If those are the actual numbers from Firestrike on not just marketing fluff then I wouldn't expect it to perform much different in actual games. Firestrike is remarkably good at predicting how a card will perform in games.

I would be extremely happy if AMD actually pulled off taking the single GPU throne for awhile. It has been awhile and everyone knows it.

Imagine if they make a FuryX x2 (dual gpu fury) though I would have to imagine a TDP somewhere in the region of 600 watts would be enough reason for them not to do it. I mean, it is going to be power hungry enough as it is. AMD felt the need to stick an AIO liquid cooler on it and I am willing to bet they are going to call it a "feature" even though the green team doesn't seem to have any problems with air cooling. 

I am actually surprised AMD hasn't had any serious issues with cards burning their cores out with how much current they are feeding their cards.

If those are the actual numbers from Firestrike on not just marketing fluff then I wouldn't expect it to perform much different in actual games. Firestrike is remarkably good at predicting how a card will perform in games.

I would be extremely happy if AMD actually pulled off taking the single GPU throne for awhile. It has been awhile and everyone knows it.

Imagine if they make a FuryX x2 (dual gpu fury) though I would have to imagine a TDP somewhere in the region of 600 watts would be enough reason for them not to do it. I mean, it is going to be power hungry enough as it is. AMD felt the need to stick an AIO liquid cooler on it and I am willing to bet they are going to call it a "feature" even though the green team doesn't seem to have any problems with air cooling. 

I am actually surprised AMD hasn't had any serious issues with cards burning their cores out with how much current they are feeding their cards.

Tell that to a gtx480 and see what it says back. It may shoot a flame out the back. HOWEVER, sense the gtx 580 and onward with the gf110 core they have had there heat under control. Like cokeman said there cooling solution was more then enough for the 980ti. seems though while overclocked compaired to there last batch of amd cards they were fine until you overclocked it, then it was an issue. Heck I wondered what the ACX 2 cooler evga came out with does with the 980TI. After a quick search its only an 8c drop so I would guess not. and that is only in gaming as well. I wonder what happened there. 

We shall see if AMD can get the single GPU crown, Have better temperautres AND keep the games from crashing constantly. :haha: