Fallout 4 - Coming November 10, 2015

DanTheGamer11

Just wondered if there was anything new with the android version since it would make sense to launch an update then, seems so. Good thing there is an update

Hmm I wonder how the power armour deals with the storms, would be interesting if the storm cleared an area during its duration and you could go in with the armour without having to worry, doubt it tho

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the area clearing mechanic bit, not the power armour <3, would be nice to see it though, at least for enemies that don't live in radiation or aren't affected by it. I hope they keep up these reveals and stuff until launch

Now that'd be sweet. Huge rad storm kicks up, whole bunch of feral ghouls or muties appear in the area. Storm subsides, ghouls/muties stay, so you need to clear them out if you need/want to get in that area.

I want Bethesda to do what they've done before and not reveal every little detail about the game. There's no need for it. Give us some stuff to be surprised about instead of already expecting.

My one would of only cleared out the non rad resistant ones but that would be nice too, I would think that only super mutants would use a storm tactifully since feral ghouls are you know, unless it's some instinct thing. Did they show how damaging a storm is in the videos? Will be interesting to see what it's like, would be weird if people who were stuck out during one eventually turn into ghouls, like blowouts in Stalker turned some people into zombies

More info.

• LOOTING: Looting will be in real time, no pause whatsoever. It'll be a little window you can scroll through.
  • NAMES: The 1000 Names on the list will also be names focused on levity; It'll be unserious some of them, like Mr. Fuckface!
  • CITIES: A Bit of Diamond City was shown (Concept Art). some of the Attendees say that they saw it were covered in snow, which'll mean there may be snow. The gameplay were located in Lexington!
  • DIALOGUE: Dialogue will be incredibly flexible: It'll be able to have a conversation with 2 other people at same time, like a conversation in a group.
  • COMPANIONS: Companions confirmed is Piper (A girl character, and no she's not that hot.) Located in Diamond City, Mr. Handy (A Robot like Codsworth), Preston Garvey (The leader of the Minutemen, or sort of). There'll also be relationships! No matter the gender you are, you can always be a couple with a boy or a girl.
  • PIP-BOY: When you look at the Pip-Boy, the game will pause. Even in combat of course. Inventory's also now easier to get to, as there's a quick select screen for throwing grenades and using stimpaks, etc. And this will not pause the game.
  • ANIMATIONS: Animations will now appear when you're using Meds, such as Stimpak, where you'll be bursting it into your chest. There are a lot of different animations, and they're way more detailed than before, even Dogmeat has a ton of little detailed animations for everything he does. AI will now also have the feature of jumping and climbin some obstacles, and they jumped through the window in the show.
  • KARMA/REPUTATION: There'll be procedural reactions to you, based of your reputation and Karma, so Karma will get it's respect in the game.
  • WEAPONS: Nothing really special of what we've seen whatsoever. There was an Automatic Plasma Rifle, but not really anything else. You can also find modified weapons in the Wasteland, and this may depend on your luck how modified it is. You can also melee with your weapon now, even if there's not a bayonet attached to your weapon!
  • PERKS/PERKS UI: Looked like a Jeopardy Board says some: 7 Categories and 10 Rows sat after increasingly better perks, what seen that were new was Intimidation and Attack Dog! Perks will also be depend on your S.P.E.C.I.A.L, For example: the higher your Perception, then earlier on you'll get access to a perk dedicated to Perception.
  • GHOULS: Ghouls has changed a lot now, so it feels like they've changed character heavily (when you're comparing FO3 AND FO:NV): They're walking differently, like they've got some mentally impairing disorder, and the animations looks pretty fluid.
  • LEGENDARY: Many other enemies and such will be legendary, even human-like creatures, such as Ghouls.
  • BEHEMOTHS: Some Behemoths were unquestionably bigger than the one in the trailer. Some even say as big as they were in Fallout 3.
  • RECORDED?: It's being doubted, as they had pretty good security in the room.
  • HACKING: Nothing special to talk about, closely at being the same as in the third dimensional games of Fallout.
  • BOOKS: (Some) Books are now actually readable, like Grognak The Barbarian, with different issues!
  • SKILLS: No such thing anymore, and will be replaced with Perks, and it's not a disappointment calmly said.
  • THINGS TO KEEP UPDATED ON: They'll be updating their Fallout 4 Site (possibly every second week) with a new video shown of the different S.P.E.C.I.A.L on their official Website.
  • All this were made in a self-made blog i made. This were NOT copied. Made by COHL7500.

Not always perfect, but transcript of the QuakeCon Fallout 4 show.

Game Informer coverage from QuakeCon.

That's cool, especially the stimpack animation, I wonder if that means you can't spam it anymore? Will probably just use the stimpacks you're spamming during the same animation I guess

Hope that's enough time so that the game is in good playable condition, hopefully no game save glitches and stuff at launch

#plsnomouseaccelerationandfovoptions

I like the animations and the fact you'll feel a bit more connected to your character. Check out the Pip-Boy and be able to move it around some instead of being a static arm, climb through windows, have the enemies climb through them or jump over obstructions, melee with your weapon, and so many others. I think melee with the weapon will be sweet, especially when enemies charge you and get right up in your face (happens a lot in 3 and NV, so could in 4). So many things to look forward to, and still a little over three months to go.

Yeah, for sure more interactive than a green text message popping up and stuff

Forgot melee >.< I wonder if we can mod the power fist and ripper and stuff :D Really hope its a bit different from slashing 20 times to kill something, seems that way with the seemingly shorted time to kill with guns

3 months too long :D I wonder if people will comment when you get something badass, always felt a bit weird when talking to people wearing rags and pretty much being oblivious that you're wearing something pretty much invincible compared to them :/

Yeah, it'll be neat to actually see the stimpak applied instead of just clicking. I'm also looking forward to the real-time looting. Should be pretty sweet for that.

Melee will be so useful and yeah, I do hope the animations for that are improved.

The comments would be nice. Skyrim had it with your weapons, so be nice to get that expanded on for Fallout 4. We'll just have to wait and see.