XCOM 2

bp9801

XCOM 2 has been announced! Coming this November exclusively to PC, the fight to save humanity is well and truly on, as aliens are in control of Earth.

Stealth tactics play a much larger role in the game, since you'll be going off against technologically superior forces. Guerrilla warfare will be key to survive and reclaim the planet.

A gameplay reveal is coming at E3 in a couple of weeks, along with plenty more information.

The first game was great, haven't got around to playing the expansion yet but I'm certainly intrigued by this.

Expansion definitely took the original game to the next level, you know, those nifty little features that make the game feel more complete. Can't wait for the next one to come out! 

• 7 months later...

Been ages, but now's as good a time as any.

XCOM 2 arrives this Friday, February 5, exclusively on PC. Reviews are coming out, with it getting pretty damn high marks. PC Gamer gave it a 94/100, Game Informer a 9.5/10, IGN a 9.3/10, RPS gave it a Recommend rating, Eurogamer an Essential, and GameSpot a 9/10. EGM gave it a 7.5/10 because the reviewer doesn't like all the moments that make an XCOM game XCOM, like dealing with tight resources or having a squadmate die because you don't know about placement and strategy.

You can pre-order on Steam for $60 for the regular or $75 for the deluxe, which adds the soundtrack and season pass. Green Man Gaming has the regular for $46.19 through its VIP deals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wdjgMtduU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4RbbNoPAw

Pre-ordered... I hate doing that but this looks to good and the prices were soo cheap I couldn't pass up! The first game was amazing, I have high hopes for this one too!

All the reviews seem to point to XCOM 2 being a classic and making you not want to play Enemy Unknown/Within again. :lol:

Pre-load went live on Steam today. About a 24.7GB download, so start it now if your Internet isn't quick. Game unlocks tomorrow at midnight EST in the Americas, Europe/Africa at 11PM GMT, and Asia/Oceania at 6PM GMT. So yes, people in Australia and New Zealand can play the game tomorrow earlier than the people in the US.

Ha, I tried a new cd key outlet for the pre-order (usually use Green Man Gaming), no key yet. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to pre-load in time plus I work the weekend. What a bummer :/ 

The reviews have all been great, which is definitely good news! Definitely hope it gets some serious media attention on release specifically being PC only.

Ha, I tried a new cd key outlet for the pre-order (usually use Green Man Gaming), no key yet. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to pre-load in time plus I work the weekend. What a bummer :/ 

The reviews have all been great, which is definitely good news! Definitely hope it gets some serious media attention on release specifically being PC only.

Damn. I went with GMG for mine, got the key yesterday around 11am local time. Get yours yet? Sucks about working this weekend, boo. Can play it afterwards and unwind.

There were plenty of commercials for XCOM 2 I saw during the NFL playoffs, and even during the ads before The Force Awakens in theaters. Seen some every so often after, so I guess marketing is doing its thing.

PC Gamer has a guide for starting out and getting a leg-up on things. Can help keep you alive a little bit longer, maybe. :lol:

Damn. I went with GMG for mine, got the key yesterday around 11am local time. Get yours yet? Sucks about working this weekend, boo. Can play it afterwards and unwind.

There were plenty of commercials for XCOM 2 I saw during the NFL playoffs, and even during the ads before The Force Awakens in theaters. Seen some every so often after, so I guess marketing is doing its thing.

PC Gamer has a guide for starting out and getting a leg-up on things. Can help keep you alive a little bit longer, maybe. :lol:

Got my keys today! Downloading now!

Came across that guide too, I'm tempted to read it but don't wanna spoil anything. I guess that make me some form of masochist lol  :mfp:

Sweet news on the keys!

The guide is more about things to do and some of the new stuff introduced, but if you want to go in blind, not a bad idea either. Well, it could be, lol.