check out evga bstock

Thanks for pointing this out, I've seen it before but don't check it regularly. Some really good deals.

I was considering some more horsepower for my new games...decided on a pair of 3GB 580's....since this new mobo supports SLI and I have a PSU that can run it with no problem.

Now to figure out why my onboard audio is causing system instability... :wallbash:

Edited by Locutus

Thanks for pointing this out, I've seen it before but don't check it regularly. Some really good deals.

I was considering some more horsepower for my new games...decided on a pair of 3GB 580's....since this new mobo supports SLI and I have a PSU that can run it with no problem.

Now to figure out why my onboard audio is causing system instability... :wallbash:

Drivers updated? Don't allow the NVIDIA HD Audio part during the install?

Some really good deals, just too bad no video card above a 670.

Drivers updated? Don't allow the NVIDIA HD Audio part during the install?

Some really good deals, just too bad no video card above a 670.

the 670's are all out of stock anyways.

Edit to add: Good suggestion on the drivers, it appears that it has some generic windows driver installed...whoops.

Edited by Locutus

Yeah, not surprised the 670s went fast.

Aha, nice! Actual drivers doing the trick?

we'll see, it was being weird earlier and switching to my headset fixed it for the time...

like, having multiple applications open and just multitasking in general would make my mouse, keyboard and audio stop working and the system would sort of slow down to a crawl and stop working

Yeah, not surprised the 670s went fast.

Aha, nice! Actual drivers doing the trick?

we'll see, it was being weird earlier and switching to my headset fixed it for the time...

like, having multiple applications open and just multitasking in general would make my mouse, keyboard and audio stop working and the system would sort of slow down to a crawl and stop working

Hmmm, strange. Try Driver Fusion to clean it out?

So far everything is working 100% normally. This is about the same  amount of stuff I was doing earlier as well, so I'm sure that the drivers were the problem.

On a side note (also back on topic) I looked at the b-stock again and the 580 3GB cards are sold out...looks like I made up my mind in the nick of time, lol.

So far everything is working 100% normally. This is about the same  amount of stuff I was doing earlier as well, so I'm sure that the drivers were the problem.

On a side note (also back on topic) I looked at the b-stock again and the 580 3GB cards are sold out...looks like I made up my mind in the nick of time, lol.

Well that's good.

:lol: Yeah, guess so. Good idea to buy them when you did.

Dammit!

I wanted a 2gb 670 FTW to SLI. Gone!

I wanted a Z97 Evga mobo. I have an Asus Z97 Pro gamer on the way. Dammit Dammit Dammit!

Dan wants a Titan! He will give me his 980. If anybody wants a water cooled ( or aircooled) 670FTW let me know.

Edited by Cespenar