Time again to do some really dumb TIM testing.

It has been quiet around here and I think we need a bit of a shake up so here is the plan.

I need suggestions once again for thermal compound substitutes. For the times you need thermal goop, but all you can find is everything else. From tooth paste to Elmer's glue and back again are all on the table. Peunutbutter too :D

As always, bodily fluids, secretions, and other bodily things are off the table. I am still unwilling to cook poop with a computer. Petroleum based products are off the table this round as well.

Don't worry, I am a professional and I have done this before.http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/164465-you-got-your-peanutbutter-on-my-cpu-you-got-your-cpu-in-my-peanut/
The tests are going to be on an i5 750 overclocked to 4.1GHZ.

Edited by GabrielT

This could be really cool! I've listed some ideas below:

• Dielectric grease
  • Ben Gay (or Icy Hot)
  • Denture adhesive
  • Rice powder paste
  • Super glue (don't actually do this)
  • Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc.)
  • Dish/Hand soap
  • Dishwasher soap
  • Laundry detergent
  • Vegetable and car oil
  • Transmission fluid 
  • Mud
  • Wet drier lint
  • Wet bed sheets

My three choices:

1. Average diamonds are up to 5 times better at conducting heat than copper. Synthetic super-pure diamonds are actually 5 times better than average diamonds at conducting heat. Diamond powder is relatively cheap, so either mix that in with something, or use something like this, that already has diamond powder in it.
  2. Paint with 70% copper. Copper is a great heat conductor (just behind silver as a heat conductor), and paint has 20% - 70% copper in it.
  3. Nail polish (works for VRM's, so why not?).
Edited by El_Capitan

I just realized that I might have to lap my d15 after this :( no oil based TIMs so anti seize is out. It performed terribly last time anyways.

I think I might take elcapitans suggestion of diamond powder and try to make some DIY thermal paste by mixing it into dielectric silicone.

For serious contendedors, dielectric silicone with and without diamond powder, DIY AS5 with real silver shavings, mothers mag wheel polish, toothpaste, and bare metal.

For the joke entries, I am trying to limit things with lots of oil but I will include peanut butter anyways. I am thinking of doing silicone based personal lubricant, Doc Martens Wonder Balsam, pine tree sap and some sort of soap. Maybe some more.

Shaver blades (be careful not to injure yourself too seriously)?
Wet/dry fabric? (theoretically, although it would conduct water, the fabric should retain some of the moisture and hence provide a medium through which the heat is conductive? Plus the SHC of water is massively high; 4200J kg-1 K-1 so it could work...)