Tech question here

bp: Yes! I have to get more. It helps, but once that inkling of sickness appears I should be logging off and do something else.

Didn't know bright lights helped. Wonder if it helps everybody with vertigo?

Waco: That Asus may be the way to go, but 76 hz doesn't seem enough. (My opinion only) 96 hz would be great.

And as I said, the Korean ones are not available at retailers here. If I had to buy from overseas I'd rather buy American.

It's possible, but vertigo is all about balance. Goes away on its own, and if not then some type of medical treatment should probably be sought.

I searched the Korean monitors again and none were small enough (24inch) to fit in my desk overhang.

And all in Korea only. I will be waiting till locally available brands are 2560x1440 at a reasonable refresh rate. (greater than 60)

I just bought some Travelcalm.

I'm hoping Dan can get a 4790K from New York when he gets there at the end of this month. $330 as opposed to $475. (Hope I don't get hit with customs)

It has to be 24"?

Most of the Korean monitors are 27" and are an amazing value

If the available space only allows for 24", then yes, it has to be 24". How is that hard to understand?

It has to be 24"?

Most of the Korean monitors are 27" and are an amazing value

If the available space only allows for 24", then yes, it has to be 24". How is that hard to understand?

I just want to know/see why a 27" wouldn't fit if the bases are the same.

I just want to know/see why a 27" wouldn't fit if the bases are the same.

He has a short desk with a shelf above it, at least that's how I read it.

Good one, Waco, you hit the nail on the head.

Sorry to throw another question is here, but this group seems to be on the ball.

Should I get the i7-4790K now or wait till the end of the year? (It will lock me in if I get it now)

Edited by Cespenar

I looked at a lot of benchmarks of what is available.

My 965 isn't far behind the AMD 9590, and it was within whistling distance of 4790K. AMD top is power hungry but the Fanboys on both sides give a lot of bullshit.

Skylake seems to have to many variations. Maybe Intel is trying to flood the market with confusion.

I like the idea of the 4790k as it seems to be a good way to go except if the socket gets ditched at the end of the year it will be a dead end.

Also, Skylake is getting a change next year. According to Intel.

Just don't know.

If I don't know, better sit tight and do nothing.