Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

bp9801

First teaser trailer released today!

Out March 25, 2016.

Seems to be borrowing heavily from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns story arc, which I approve of. Batman's suit, some of the world details, the apparent Superman cult following/secret police, and more are all similar to that comic story. If that's the case, this is definitely something I want to check out.

It'll be interesting what the story arc will be. There's a lot of story arcs with Batman and Superman (in comics and cartoons, and animated movies). In almost all of them, Superman trusts Batman enough to give him kryptonite as a sign of trust, but also in case Superman somehow goes rogue. The only way Batman has a chance against Superman is with the use of kryptonite. In my thinking, they'll portray Superman as the villain, even though he remains the hero throughout the movie, and Batman who thinks he's doing the right thing, finds out that he's wrong about Superman, and in the end, allows Superman to do what he needs to do to save Earth, or Superman will be able to rid Batman of kryptonite and do what he needs to do to save Earth, thus gaining Batman's trust, or Superman will allow Batman to think Superman is affected by what Batman thinks is kryptonite, when it really isn't (by some sort of trick of some kind), to see how far he can go to trust Batman. Anyways, my guess is by the end of the movie, Superman will give Batman back the last piece of kryptonite, or one that is powerful enough for Batman to stop Superman, and through this act, they'll start the formation of the Justice League.

I was never into Batman's armored batsuit, though. It was too Tony Stark-ish Ironman-ish.

Aquaman, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman are in it, and I think Flash as well, but who knows in what capacity they'll be in or just towards the end when they build it up for Justice League.

Building on some of what you said Cap, I can see Superman have a cult build up around him due to the events in Metropolis during Man of Steel. People start to worship Superman, which causes other superheroes to pull away and let Superman deal with it all. Supes has a secret police (the soldiers kneeling in front of him have the S logo on their shoulder) to help him, secret bases/government buildings to move between and depart from whenever someone needs help, and his ego builds. Batman has had enough, decides to once again don the cape and cowl, and works on an armored suit in order to withstand the force of Superman's attacks. On the tower Batman is holding a gun of some sort, the Batmobile has some prodigious weaponry, and maybe he decides to use a bullet made of kryptonite if needs to.

Bats and Supes fight, Supes gets wounded by the kryptonite, and Batman shows that no one is above some justice. Seeing that Supes can be dealt with and kept in line, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash, and whoever else comes out of hiding, meets up with Supes and Bats, and plan ways to work together to keep the world safe.

And then there's that Russian satellite/rocket that Supes is holding. Maybe we'll get some KGBeast in the future? Could also have Robin/Nightwing, Green Lantern, Joker, Metallo, Doomsday, and a whole host of other heroes/villains in the mix. So many possibilities!

^ Yeah, the possibilities are endless. I'm pretty excited. The only problem is, with movies, and the history of Batman movies and the latest Superman movie, the main villains always die. I hope that doesn't become the norm for what Superman and Batman really stand for, which is "Justice", hence, the "Justice League".

That said, I don't think Batman ever stands a chance against Superman, no matter what happens in comic books (or any other medium). Tony Stark (Ironman) <-> Bruce Wayne (Batman) <-> Lex Luthor are all have a similarity. Super-rich billionaire non-superheroes or non-supervillains that use their brains and riches to come up with technology to adapt to fight against opposing superheroes or supervillains. I mean, really, if Superman really wanted to, he could just sit outside of Earth's orbit and laser eye-beam the entire Earth to bits. There's no reason he needs to resort to fisticuffs except for the fact that he fights not to kill, and to protect the inhabitants of Earth.

• 9 months later...