Old Games Post.

Fragsman

I'm currently playing Delta Force: Land Warrior. Nowday is just too many cutsenes and you shook enemy and it doesnt die. This game gives you a mission. 1 hit you kill enemy. 1 hit or 2 you die. Realistic and fun game. The only bad is that is too easy even on hard. Really.. enemies have slow reaction time.

Another game I just downloaded is Venom: Codename Outbreak. This game is pretty cool and nice graphics for the date. Also it is fun and it gives you a mission and you die for few hits or kill the same way. Somehow similar to Ghost Recon. The only bad is I remember last time I tried it used to crash in misions. I'm not sure but for sure crashes during Co-Op. I hope I can make it work now.

EDIT: You need several shots for dying but so do enemies. They are pretty hard to take down unless you do headshot. You have a partner and can play with borh just switching F4 or give orders just like cover, etc. You also have in-head partner camera like Ghost Recon.
The only bad is the map. Really sucks and is not useful other than waypoint because it shows no enemies or building. Just green lines (suposse they are terrain levels) and yellows for waypoint.

And the main difference with Ghost Recon is that here Aliens are on earth so you fight military and aliens. It is made by GSC, same creator of STALKER, so what can I say? Brillant company.

I am also playing Doom 2. never played, only Doom 1 demo so as I am a gamer. I need to play this. It's a classic.

Last old game I am playing (almost finishing I think, it is really long with expansions) is Blood 1. Hell, this game is satanic. I love it is very dark. Really good game, The Blood 2 was awesome too that I finished four times already. I was trying a 5th with opelia character but either I am n00ber than when I was young, or the character is weaker than Caleb. I just die and die. 

I finished two weeks ago. Giants: Citizen Kabuto. An old, fun and entertaining game, pretty innovative.

So what are you up to?

Edited by Fragsman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recently went through Katamari Damacy on the PS2 again. Will probably load up We Love Katamari before long. Got in the mood to play it after discussing it with a friend a little over a week ago. :lol:

Been playing Knights of the Old Republic 2 off and on, but haven't played in a few months.

Oldest game I'm playing now is Red Faction 1 on my laptop, followed by Advance Wars 2 on my phone's GBA emulator. My laptop gets all the good retro games I refuse to waste my desktop's performance potency on lol

Recently went through Katamari Damacy on the PS2 again. Will probably load up We Love Katamari before long. Got in the mood to play it after discussing it with a friend a little over a week ago. :lol:

Been playing Knights of the Old Republic 2 off and on, but haven't played in a few months.

What did i just see o_O Craziest game I have ever seen...

Oldest game I'm playing now is Red Faction 1 on my laptop, followed by Advance Wars 2 on my phone's GBA emulator. My laptop gets all the good retro games I refuse to waste my desktop's performance potency on lol

That reminds me of Deus Ex somehow. Never played it tough.

Not as old as everyone else, buuutttt.......................Torchlight. :)

That reminds me of Deus Ex somehow. Never played it tough.

Dat yellow text tho...

But seriously I can't read a single game title without making my eyes bleed lol

Jajajja just to distinguish them from the rest, perhaps you have high brightness and high contrast on your monitor? is not killing me. I always use brightness at 50% otherwise I die.

BTW I used to use the orange as IVI said. It's cool. But yellow too :P

Katamari is some of the craziest, wildest, and most fun possible in a game that is so out there. You roll a ball around, picking up stuff, growing in size, and it's a total blast. Excited over being able to pick up a TV, then a person, then a bear, then a car, and then finally you're picking up houses, boats, skyscrapers, and even islands. Really needs to be experienced. :lol:

If Torchlight reminds you of Deus Ex, something is wrong. :P Torchlight is an action RPG in the vein of Fate, Diablo, Mythos, Titan Quest, and other similar titles. Funnily enough, the first three games all had people work on them who later went on to make Torchlight and Torchlight II.

I tried Dark Forces (the first one) earlier this week. I realized that either I suck at games, or that game is harder than I remember. :lol: The 320x240 graphics made my eyes hurt.

I do want to go back and play X-Wing / Tie Fighter again though. :P

EDIT: TYRIAN. This is, by far, one of the best top-down flying/shooter games ever made. GOG has a great version of it that *just works*.

I tried Dark Forces (the first one) earlier this week. I realized that either I suck at games, or that game is harder than I remember. :lol: The 320x240 graphics made my eyes hurt.

I do want to go back and play X-Wing / Tie Fighter again though. :P

EDIT: TYRIAN. This is, by far, one of the best top-down flying/shooter games ever made. GOG has a great version of it that *just works*.

OMG! TYRIAN! Totally forgot about that. My brother and I spent a ton of time on that years ago, and I've always compared any other top-down shooter to it. May need to get it downloaded right now. :lol: May, pfft, more like will.

Now just need Jazz Jackrabbit and I'm set.

We had the Are You Afraid of the Dark? PC game. :lol: Scary thing, especially with the neanderthal. Don't think I ever played any of the Alone in the Dark games, but my brother may have. That Cadillacs and Dinosaurs game looks interesting, lol.

Played a bunch of SimTown and SimAnt, plus SimCity 2000. Those and TYRIAN for sure ate up my time.