I have a Lenovo H415 and i want to overclock it.

MikeHunt

I bought this this relatively old desktop some time ago (second hand) and am thinking of overclocking it.

APU: AMD A6-3600 (4CPU / 2.1 GHz)

RAM: 4GB (Probably going to upgrade this too.)

HDD: 500GB

Would it be safe to overclock?

1: Welcome to OCC! :)

2: What are the complete specs of the PC?

We need to know what the other parts are before making any judgement on whether overclocking is safe or not for that particular PC.

1: Welcome to OCC! :)

2: What are the complete specs of the PC?

We need to know what the other parts are before making any judgement on whether overclocking is safe or not for that particular PC.

Thanks for responding :D

How should i get the specs? Dxdiag?

I just googled the pc specs I'm not sure if I would try any oc'ing with it, the psu is listed at 180 watts, didn't think they made them that low. :unsure:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1753643&SRCCODE=CANWGOOCADYN&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE&gclid=CJG-p77bvMQCFZeJaQodj0IA9g

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Oh, it is indeed a pre-build as spikeSoprano said.

Then there is a good chance it will not overclock as most bioses from pre-builds are locked severely.

Seems you are out of luck to overclock anything, unless you put in a new GPU.

But seeing as it only has 180W of power (it is not even that anymore as PSUs go down in power outage as the PSU ages) I wouldn't recommend it.

It would be best to keep as is, and do small tasks on it like surfing on the Internet or doing some office work.

You can try AMD Overdrive software overclocking. I am not sure if it will gain you much and you do run a real risk of your stock heatsink not having enough cooling capacity.

If this doesn't scare you give it a try, my first overclocks were software overclocks to be perfectly honest.