Buying SSD from Microcenter tomorrow

ivangela

Happy belated Mardi Gras all!

I'm at my brother-in-laws and he wants me to install a new SSD tomorrow, so not much time to choose, but luckily there's a Microcenter near!

He only needs it for OS and programs, storage will be on old platter drive.

CHEAP is the name of the game unless someone knows of a reason to spend a bit more.

These are the cheapest of the 120 GB variety:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/406437/Ultra_Plus_128GB_SATA_III_6Gb-s_Internal_Solid_State_Drive_(SSD)_SDSSDHP-128G-G25

or 

http://www.microcenter.com/product/408885/SSDNow_V300_120GB_SATA_III_6Gb-s_25_Internal_Solid_State_Drive_(SSD)

Any reason not to pick one of these? Anyone recommend one over the other?

Any advice at all is appreciated!

Peace

I've been using Acronis Home True Image 2010 for 5 years, it's easy to use and works great. If it's on the same system, you don't need to do a Universal Restore. You still might have to do a re-activation, though.

I've been using Acronis Home True Image 2010 for 5 years, it's easy to use and works great. If it's on the same system, you don't need to do a Universal Restore. You still might have to do a re-activation, though.

+1 I'm cheap so I use the free one from Seagate (Diskwizard) but it's worked fantastic!

+1 I'm cheap so I use the free one from Seagate (Diskwizard) but it's worked fantastic!

no seagate drive to steal that from.

Thanks gents

no seagate drive to steal that from.

Thanks gents

Western Digital has their version too

• Like 1