GTX 770 Temps

So I'm sure somewhere buried in these forums there is a similar post , but I'm going to jest be a rebel. When I game for long periods of time my card is topping out at 82C, does this seem right? I heard these cards run hotter but dang my old 5850 topped out at 60c. 

Lemme know, Thanks!

Edited by f!ver

82 decrees is nothing to sneeze at.

The ati 4850 i had in the past was blowing out 110 decrees and worked fine for a long time.

Although that would be pretty high for my standards for any kind of card.

If higher than 95 decrees, i would be worried.

I'd say, get NVIDIA Inspector.

Best thing for NVIDIA cards imo.

You can:

Overclock

Set fan speeds

Make custom profiles for games, with AA options that actually work in games that don't have it.

It is basically a glorified version of gpu-z and the control panel in one, with more options to boot.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/nvidia-inspector-download,4.html

Im just anticipating the summertime and I dont want 82c heat coming out the back of my case and warming up my apartment. lol

The heat is the same regardless of what fan speed you set.

Is it a reference GTX 770? If so, then 82C is pretty typical. You can always help it out more by placing a 80mm or even 120mm fan below it pushing more air than the graphic's card can do with it's own fan. Also, replacing the stock TIM with a good TIM can help a decent amount, too. It's just a hassle on higher-end graphics cards due to the possibility of ripping the thermal pads on it when taking off the heatsink.

Im just anticipating the summertime and I dont want 82c heat coming out the back of my case and warming up my apartment. lol

The heat is the same regardless of what fan speed you set.

I argue that it'd put out MORE heat if the fan was ran higher since the motor is running at a higher speed and therefore using more power and giving off more heat, however slightly :teehee: