I'm really starting to hate computers

so I went down to Fry's Electronics today to pick up a couple of upgrades I decided on a AMD r7 120 gig SSD aNd any gig kit of ddr3 2400got them both a grand total of $170.

now for the bad part upon departing I found my $700 trek had been stolen they were nice enough to leave me the lock

after a three hour trip home I go to install the new solid state drive and it does not read give me some kind of windows cannot format this partition error.

undaunted I continue to trouble shootI finally reach the solution which was for some reason I could only use SATA port 7&8 to format the drive any other SATA port gives me an error.

anyone else run across this issue with an MSI motherboard

I had 1 that had a capacitor blow and fried my CPU, then the replacement board died (didn't take anything else with it thankfully) like 3 months later. Never again will I own an MSI mobo. And I do vaguely remember having to have my ssd plugged into a specific sata port. It wasnt for formating, I think it was something with the AHCI setting only working on specific ports.

Sucks about the bike. Lots of bike thieves in my area, but no one would bother to steal my POS bike, lol.

MSI motherboards have gotten better than they used to be, but they're very variable. Their top-of-the-line uses great components, but the middle tier, not so much. I love my Z77 MPower, but heard bad things for the Z87 MPower. :shrug:

• Like 1

You can get a very good 120GB SSD for $50.

Silicon Power S70 - Uses a SF-2281 controller and 25nm MLC synchronous NAND. It's pretty much identical to that of an Intel 520.

Edit: Maybe not. It looks like Silicon Power is using bait-and-switch tactics, much like PNY and Kingston.

Edited by El_Capitan

minimal install and not installing every game you own LOL

but I couldnt hardly do 120gb either. My desktop with 4 games installed and my programs i need I'm at 97gb used

Lol minimal living, I like having that buffer but still live conservatively with only one game at a time. My laptop is more liberal with all my shows and movies stored on it that I'm currently watching or soon to watch