Yeah I'd echo your concerns about a better monitor (well higher resolution anyway), let that GTX 980 breathe a little! Maybe a Korean 27" 2560x1440 would be nice (others would probably be able to better tell ya what ones to look at)

Are you planning to SLI? It seems like a pretty hefty power supply you have.

Personally using a 120GB SSD for over a year when SSDs were more expensive I'd recommend getting a 240GB-256GB SSD so you wouldn't have to drive yourself crazy managing the space. I haven't seen any reason to go bigger than my 240GB drives IMHO, I get tempted when I see 480GBs going for so "cheap" but have a pretty comfortable amount of free space on them. Just don't jump between an army of games while keeping them all installed. I have two installed right now on my desktop (LA Noire and Tomb Raider) and there's still a healthy amount of space to play with.

Maybe see what your i5 can do since you have a good cooler on it, let me know what you think of my suggestions/critiques :)

the psu was free with the mobo so yeah its a nice psu..... ill sli if the price comes down on the 980 sc... but i think one is nice at the moment....

Yeah I'd echo your concerns about a better monitor (well higher resolution anyway), let that GTX 980 breathe a little! Maybe a Korean 27" 2560x1440 would be nice (others would probably be able to better tell ya what ones to look at)

Are you planning to SLI? It seems like a pretty hefty power supply you have.

Personally using a 120GB SSD for over a year when SSDs were more expensive I'd recommend getting a 240GB-256GB SSD so you wouldn't have to drive yourself crazy managing the space. I haven't seen any reason to go bigger than my 240GB drives IMHO, I get tempted when I see 480GBs going for so "cheap" but have a pretty comfortable amount of free space on them. Just don't jump between an army of games while keeping them all installed. I have two installed right now on my desktop (LA Noire and Tomb Raider) and there's still a healthy amount of space to play with.

Maybe see what your i5 can do since you have a good cooler on it, let me know what you think of my suggestions/critiques :)

the psu was free with the mobo so yeah its a nice psu..... ill sli if the price comes down on the 980 sc... but i think one is nice at the moment....

ok all ty. i am looking at up dating the sdd 1st to a SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256g, i do have to keep a eye on the 830. i got it in 2013 froe a old set up and just keep it to save money on this set up. i like my 1080P monitor but with a evga 980 sc it just dose not seem right to not have better. ( its a great monitor for a 1080p 1920 by 1080 ) and worked great for my old 560 na ti video card! 

Don't be one of those "only Samsung SSDs" guys, there are much better deals to be had then the samsung drives.

Here's a Patriot Blaze 240GB for $85 after MIR, I'm sure more deals will come around.

or

not for the weak of heart, an OCZ Arc 240GB for $50 after MIR

Edited by IVIYTH0S

ok all ty. i am looking at up dating the sdd 1st to a SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256g, i do have to keep a eye on the 830. i got it in 2013 froe a old set up and just keep it to save money on this set up. i like my 1080P monitor but with a evga 980 sc it just dose not seem right to not have better. ( its a great monitor for a 1080p 1920 by 1080 ) and worked great for my old 560 na ti video card! 

Don't be one of those "only Samsung SSDs" guys, there are much better deals to be had then the samsung drives.

Here's a Patriot Blaze 240GB for $85 after MIR, I'm sure more deals will come around.

or

not for the weak of heart, an OCZ Arc 240GB for $50 after MIR

lol right but SAMSUNG kicks ass... and my 830 has bees so sweet! why not lol

lol right but SAMSUNG kicks ass... and my 830 has bees so sweet! why not lol

Because I haven't seen a SSD that wasn't kick ass and Samsung charges too much because everyone just will pay it without thinking :rolleyes: (much like Apple)

Look:

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB for $165

compared to a

Crucial V4 256GB for $89.95

or

SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB for $99.99

You're not going to see that ~$65-$75 extra spent justified in any way!

If you're going to consider paying that much, then why not go $15 more for this Mushkin Chronos 480GB for $180

You're literally paying all that money for a longer warranty or are you planning on keeping the drive for 10 years? lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Don't SLI 980 .. That would be a waste of money unless you are going to be doing 4K gaming :P ..

Monitor is your choice for upgrade. Use 128 gig for OS and for one game that needs lots of hard drive access like BF4 :P

From GTX 680 and on, SLI hasn't been a good experience for me (GTX 680's, 780's, 970's, 980's). NVIDIA's been slacking, lately.

Well that sucks to hear.  I always enjoyed sli, and it's why I swapped my 780 for a 970.  I was thinking of power and heat if/when I went with a sli setup in the future.  

So, did you guys setup the D: drive with the reg hack and move the users folders over?  I did it that way almost a year ago and never worry about the c drive and it hasn't hit 70gb.