OCC Twitch Stream

Guest_Jim_*

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the plan being to stream some The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Saturday, I have to ask the question; should I avoid spoilers? This could be achieved by starting a new game (not my preference, but I'll do it for you) or by just running non-campaign missions. Or, of course, spoilers be damned and just continue playing the game as usual.

So, what's the preference?

Hmm, been having some crashes with the game that I think may be linked to software that hooks into the game for capture, like the Steam Overlay, ShadowPlay, and OBS. Going to need to do some testing to see if I will be able to stream it tomorrow. Have an idea that might get around the problem, but will have to test it first, and I've limited time today, so we'll see how that goes.

Edit (that I don't feel like starting a new post for): Did the test stream and it appeared to work perfectly, when using the Window Capture instead of Game Capture in OBS. Looks like I will be able to stream The Witcher 3 tomorrow without issue.

Starting the stream in about half an hour, just after I post the Steam Daily Deal. My plan is to continue clearing question marks in the Witcher 3, specifically in Skellige, which will not spoil anything. Also I did install a single mod to increase the weight limit, so I do not need to return to a shop as often.

See you in about thirty minutes!

Just ended the stream, which you can watch the archive of, here: OCC Twitch Archive. There were some disconnects, so it is broken up, but since I only talked and did the side, environmental missions, I am not going to bother uploading my contiguous recording to YouTube. Just going to export what Twitch has, and once that is ready, I will share the link.

Edit: YouTube Playlist. Some videos may still be processing, but that is the link to the playlist.

Almost forgot: Because of some issues with OBS, that I do explain in the video, I did not actually know when the stream started, so that is why I am talking about crashes at the beginning.

Almost forgot to post the plan for Saturday. I am thinking I will return to Marvel Heroes, which is having its 2 year anniversary tomorrow, which is bringing with it a lot of substantial changes to the game, and Dr. Doom as a playable character! So tune in on Saturday to behold the power of (me playing) Doom!

Just finished up the stream, and here is most of the Twitch archive: OCC- GuestJim Playing Marvel Heroes with Dr. Doom. There was a disconnect, which is why that ends abruptly, but because coming back it showed off my email address, I deleted that part of the stream from Twitch. I can just edit it out on YouTube, so once it is processed, I can cut it out.

YouTube Playlist

I'll add the final video once YouTube finishes processing it. It is taking an inordinate amount of time, but there's nothing I can really do about it but wait.