OCC Twitch Stream

Guest_Jim_*

Just as the title says, we are going to try an experiment by streaming some gameplay on the brand new, OverclockersClub Twitch account.
What's going to be streamed, you ask? The current plan is the newly released The Crew action-driving MMO, which I am in the process of reviewing.
When? My plan is tomorrow (12/03/2014) at 4 PM EST. I am not sure how long I will be going, but I will try for a target of 5 PM. (By the way, my connection has an odd tendency to very briefly give out, but not briefly enough to keep some programs from disconnecting. I will try to monitor the stream on my laptop though, so if something goes wrong, hopefully I will be able to fix it quickly.)
Will I be on a microphone? I want to do some testing on that first, to make sure volume levels won't be a problem, but I will see if that can happen. (Probably over thinking that.) No camera though.

So that's the plan for this experiment. Hopefully it will go well and I won't crash and burn, except in the game.

Previous Streams:

Single-game Playthroughs:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few more hours before I make a fool of myself, LIVE.

I did some testing with the microphone, to see if I could get levels to where my voice and the game can both be heard. Not entirely sure if I succeeded, but I think it's close enough to give it a shot and provide some commentary. The stream did cut out for a bit during the test, and I don't know why, but it is easy enough to get going again. Hopefully if that happens later today, I will notice it quickly and get the stream back up without missing much.

No promises, but since I will have the stream open next to me, in theory I may be able to answer questions. Will have to remember to look over and read the chat though. If you do ask any questions, remember that there is a delay on the stream, so it may be a moment before any response can be made..

Well it appears there was a conk out as the audio stopped working at some point. Had to restart the stream to get it back, but it was there earlier, just may be quiet (hard to get levels right). After fixing that I was able to keep playing for about 15 minutes before the game spontaneously crashed, but not the streaming software, so you see a still frame at the end.
Here are the links to the archives for anyone that wants to see the video:
The Crew Part 1 (1:01:07 long)
The Crew Part 2 (0:15:18 long)

Well it appears there was a conk out as the audio stopped working at some point. Had to restart the stream to get it back, but it was there earlier, just may be quiet (hard to get levels right). After fixing that I was able to keep playing for about 15 minutes before the game spontaneously crashed, but not the streaming software, so you see a still frame at the end.

Here are the links to the archives for anyone that wants to see the video:

The Crew Part 1 (1:01:07 long)

The Crew Part 2 (0:15:18 long)

I was at work! Try around 6 Pm Est next time! Will check out the vids. I may volunteer for a live show myself! War Thunder, Heroes of the Storm, maybe League of Legends...

Yeah, if we try this again, will probably aim for a different time. It's just that I normally have something to do at 5 PM EST I don't want to be too late for. Also I wanted to try this near to the release date of the game. Might do this again on the weekend though, if there is interest and if I have the time.