Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

i like the look of you stock Coors, would look good on my ar10,....that and a 24" barrel. ive been having a little difficulty finding a 24 inch dpms in my size, but i keep looking...

Thanks. It's my first AK but I'm not really into the wood furniture on them. So I'm making it more functional for me. The stock is a Magpul SL-K. It's basically a smaller version of the SL. I wanted an adjustable AR style stock but at the same time didn't want to make it look too AR-ish. The SL-K fits the bill nicely I think.

• 2 weeks later...

What AK is that behind all the goodies Coors? I've always wanted one but I've heard bad things about WASR, which are unfortunately the cheaper ones around.

Edited by FUZi0N

What AK is that behind all the goodies Coors? I've always wanted one but is heard bad things about WASR, which are unfortunately the cheaper ones around.

It's a WASR. They're good rifles. Most people that talk crap about them are AK purists or Arsenal fanboys. In the past they did have some issues but for the last several years they've been highly regarded as an entry level AK. Chromelined CHF barrel, forged trunnions, reliable as an AK should be...I'd take a WASR over any of the IO or Century US made rifles anyday. NPAPs and OPAPs are popular too but you don't get a chromelined barrel and they can't use a lot of aftermarket stocks and handguards.

Fixed the disconnector spring. Some people tried telling me it was the gremlin, but the gun cycled fine upside down :teehee:. Century was useless.

Decided while I was tearing it apart, might as well replace the beaver barf handle, hand guard, and heat shield cover with these beauties. Some fitting required on the new heat shield and a tiny bit on the fore grip, but it was easy.

post-32240-0-04684500-1456944871_thumb.jpg

versus the original (except mine has the folding stock)

1200px-Sa_58-JH01.jpg

What AK is that behind all the goodies Coors? I've always wanted one but is heard bad things about WASR, which are unfortunately the cheaper ones around.

It's a WASR. They're good rifles. Most people that talk crap about them are AK purists or Arsenal fanboys. In the past they did have some issues but for the last several years they've been highly regarded as an entry level AK. Chromelined CHF barrel, forged trunnions, reliable as an AK should be...I'd take a WASR over any of the IO or Century US made rifles anyday. NPAPs and OPAPs are popular too but you don't get a chromelined barrel and they can't use a lot of aftermarket stocks and handguards.

Might look into snagging one up. Currently own a SKS, Mosin M44 and 10/22, would like another rifle in the cabinet. Thanks for your info.

Might look into snagging one up. Currently own a SKS, Mosin M44 and 10/22, would like another rifle in the cabinet. Thanks for your info.

Another thing with WASRs right now is that Cugir is focusing on a military contract so there might be a low supply of WASRs for awhile. But they are importing 2000 rifles with a combo gas block and front sight. With those low numbers being imported it'll probably raise the price on them. Which might make it worthwhile to look at DDI. They're the only American made AK I'd consider buying. I'd like to get one myself, maybe this summer if I get some funds set aside. Edited by Coors

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't have enough internet bandwidth to post all the pictures of my firearms lol...Pistols, shot guns, rifles.Most pistols and rifles are same caliber plus doubles of both so the wife and I can shoot at same time with same round with pistols or revolver or rifle of same caliber... redundancy is great...