Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

10/22s out of the box aren't bad at all. The only thing I'd really consider changing on mine is the trigger.

Yeah but if you can get a Model 60 which shoots better than a 10/22 and is cheaper why wouldn't ya :P

That being said, for a "rifle-rifle" I'd want a bolt action for maximum power (maybe even 22WMR, but probably 22LR so it's compatible with my pistol as I'm still new and want to experience it all)

I think my next pistol will be .38/.357 revolver with the same mentality, reliability and most out of each round :) . Any recommendations?

8938506.jpg

lol.  I've never shot a Model 60 but I bet I'd shoot it just the same as a 10/22.  As long as I'm minute of squirrel that's close enough :lol:

I've been wanting to get a revolver or two as well.  Maybe I'll start putting aside the money for them this year lol.  I like the older Smith and Wessons but I won't buy a newer one with a hillary hole.  Dan Wesson is another I'm considering.  I want one to be a snub nose and the other a 6" or 8".  Plus for the DW though is the barrels are swappable.

Down side to 22 wmr is it is literally 10x the cost of ammo compared to 22lr (around here at least).

The 10/22 is a blast and the takedown is really cool. I used to own a 10/22 and I kinda miss it. The mkII seems to be a lot more accurate though.

10/22s out of the box aren't bad at all. The only thing I'd really consider changing on mine is the trigger.

Yeah but if you can get a Model 60 which shoots better than a 10/22 and is cheaper why wouldn't ya :P

That being said, for a "rifle-rifle" I'd want a bolt action for maximum power (maybe even 22WMR, but probably 22LR so it's compatible with my pistol as I'm still new and want to experience it all)

I think my next pistol will be .38/.357 revolver with the same mentality, reliability and most out of each round :) . Any recommendations?

45 ACP all the way! Never liked how stiff the DA triggers are. My wife had a S&W 642 and could not do well with it. It fit her small hands great just was to much to pull.    

Nice.  Speaking of .22s...are you guys able to find ammo easily now?  Here it's still hard to find.  The few times I go to Walmart it's never in stock.  And the facebook page I follow it's always overpriced.  People are still hoarding and price gouging it.  I refuse to pay .10 per round so I'm just sitting on my small stash of 1600 rounds and not shooting my .22 until I'm able to get ammo again.

To add to the whole 22 rifle discussion, I maintain that the Savage Mark II is one of the best 22 rifles out of the box and the iron sights really aren't so bad on it. The accutrigger is amazing. I loved that rifle, and definitely enjoyed it more than my Mossberg MVP in 5.56.

I believe this was 10 shots at 25 yards.

3915a7c5d2.png

88261ff95e.png

Edited by Onion

The S&W Model 6X series are super reliable, I've owned two different ones - a Model 66 (1990s model) with a 2.5" barrel. That thing was super accurate considering the barrel length, I loved it. I also had a Model 64-3 (1983 model) which was just a .38 but had a longer barrel. Very nice handgun, the original wood grips looked fantastic. My favorite part about those 80s and 90s S&W revolvers is how well they keep their value. They're hard to sell just because people don't buy revolvers as much, but when they do, you always break even or make a profit. I made 300 bucks selling the 64-3.

Nice.  Speaking of .22s...are you guys able to find ammo easily now?  Here it's still hard to find.  The few times I go to Walmart it's never in stock.  And the facebook page I follow it's always overpriced.  People are still hoarding and price gouging it.  I refuse to pay .10 per round so I'm just sitting on my small stash of 1600 rounds and not shooting my .22 until I'm able to get ammo again.

Still hard to find here! Though I did get a box of 525 rounds for $34.99 when I picked up the rifle.  Hoarders are buying it up at whatever the price is and gun shops are holding it back and selling it on line for triple and quadruple the normal price and still selling out..  

Hoarders still hording...

Sometimes you will see a good deal on here

http://gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

I switched over to 7.62x54R for a while, was cheaper than 22LR :woot:

Savages are nice, I've never had any problems with my older 10/22 but it is from the 70s. Many MANY bricks of 22lr through it.

Our Marlins work nice but will foul up easier, just a little more picky. But again these are older too long before the acquisition.

Only bolt action I ever bothered with was in 22WMR and 17HMR

There are some 45LC revolvers that will take 45 ACP with moon clips. SW and Taurus I think. One of them will let you use .410 shotgun shells too, though I've heard the pellets spread out so fast like a donut, but you can always use slugs.

Now if one of them could run 45 super or 460  rowland we would be in business. Some do it through a quick swap of the cylinders too

PICTURE!

lol.  I've never shot a Model 60 but I bet I'd shoot it just the same as a 10/22.  As long as I'm minute of squirrel that's close enough :lol:

I've been wanting to get a revolver or two as well.  Maybe I'll start putting aside the money for them this year lol.  I like the older Smith and Wessons but I won't buy a newer one with a hillary hole.  Dan Wesson is another I'm considering.  I want one to be a snub nose and the other a 6" or 8".  Plus for the DW though is the barrels are swappable.

Yeah I'm sure they both shoot comparably well.

I've always enjoyed the mentality of a gun that makes the most out of a round and that always seemed to logically rest with a non-semi-automatic. Also the inherent reliability their simplicity brings as well

Down side to 22 wmr is it is literally 10x the cost of ammo compared to 22lr (around here at least).

The 10/22 is a blast and the takedown is really cool. I used to own a 10/22 and I kinda miss it. The mkII seems to be a lot more accurate though.

Yeah that's what puts me off...if I'm gonna shoot 22...it's because it's cheap :lol:

Beautiful :woot:

45 ACP all the way! Never liked how stiff the DA triggers are. My wife had a S&W 642 and could not do well with it. It fit her small hands great just was to much to pull.

Not a fan of revolvers? Not saying I won't shoot ( :teehee: ) for a 1911 of some kind someday but I want to make my way up through the calibers. Then again I'd hit .44 magnum first with that mentality :P