Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

I did a bit of looking around again about the availability and pricing of the rifle, yeah man, they did increase the price a bit LOL. 

My nephew got his very first firearm just last week Friday, and we went to to the range on Sunday. I also brought with me my m10 7.62 and my other nephew brought his npap, He liked the way the m10 have better cheek weld, the comb on the stock for the npap is a bit too high. I was going to recommend the m10x for him but.............man the price increase. 

Edited by Voltes_5

Yeah but it was still worth it to me.  I've been wanting a 7.62x39 rifle but I'm just not that fond of AKs.  I was almost decided on the CMMG Mutant until I saw the M10X.  Having to use the charging handle on the Mutant seems like a bad design to me and it's a proprietary design so it can't be replaced with a nicer CH. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a good deal on a Gen 3 Primary Arms 3x long eye relief magnifier with an American Defense QD mount.  I've been thinking about trying out a magnifier and was considering the Primary Arms or the Vortex.  Now I just need a cantilever mount for the red dot so I can get it off the rail.

20150714_132309.jpg

20150714_133528.jpg

20150714_132544.jpg

very nice looking pistol........hows that Primary Arms magnifier working out, been thinking of putting it behind my T1

looking at the pix closely, the sights don't seem to have the same height, magnifier is a bit higher?

very nice looking pistol........hows that Primary Arms magnifier working out, been thinking of putting it behind my T1

looking at the pix closely, the sights don't seem to have the same height, magnifier is a bit higher?

I just got it today but it looks like it's going to work great. I was aiming out my front door and it was nice and clear. I was worried I might not be able to get a good sight picture because I'm unable to close only my left eye so I have to use it with both eyes open. I was able to use it fine though. And the slight variation in height isn't an issue I think. I think the adjustment knobs are so you can center the dot.

Ok so here's a weird question.  Is it possible for someone who's not used to looking through a magnified scope to suddenly develop an astigmatism?  I know very little about astigmatisms since I've never had one or been diagnosed with one.  But just a few minutes ago after playing with the new setup like a kid with a new toy I noticed the dot on my Aimpoint was kind of blurry.  It's never been blurry before.  It wasn't blurry for the half a day I've been looking at it with the magnifier.  But now it is.  With and without the magnifier.  At first I though maybe my Aimpoint just happened to have a defect so I went to google but all the results seem to point towards an astigmatism.  I'm going to have someone else look through it tomorrow to see if it's blurry for them as well.  If it is I'm going to guess it's a defect in the Aimpoint but I kind of seriously doubt it.  It's been fine for over a year and just happens to act up the day I get a 3x magnifier?  Unlikely.

man that sucks......I hope its just your eyes being a bit tired or strained from looking through the magnifier

does it matter if you decrease/increase the intensity on the 2 moa dot of the PRO sight? does the blurriness stay the same?

So the eye doc said that I've always had an astigmatism but it's corrected by my glasses. And both her and the assistant said it didn't look perfectly clear to them either. I just had some people in the office look at it as well and most are saying it's not clear to them either. So I guess it was just a coincidence that it started acting up when I got a magnifier. I'll try replacing the battery and see if that changes anything.

After more research it seems it might have been because I was looking at it indoors. Something about your eyes being more dilated and not letting in as much light. So I guess I'll try it outdoors and see what happens.

Edited by Coors