PC Randomly locks up

So it locked up again even after installing windows 10 technical preview

eWs1c4i.png

I'm thinking it might be my usb mic causing it since the usb cable has bad connections

Also under that Application Errror

Faulting application name: skydrive.exe, version: 6.4.9841.0, time stamp: 0x5413b1b5
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0xdec
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe70efd45eab1
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\skydrive.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 414a33ba-5302-11e4-95d6-60a44c6460ab
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Edited by kennethk

Highly unlikely that the skydrive executable is causing the lockups.  It sounds like you might have already pin-pointed the problem - usb mic cable with bad connections.  That is easy enough to eliminate............ unplug the usb mic and see if your lockups go away.

I had a faulty USB keyboard that caused me issues for two days before I pin pointed the problem.  Similar symptoms, but mine was much worse.  Sometimes it would work and then start throwing jiberish.  My PC would become un-responsive, lock up, reboot on it's own.  I really thought I had gremlins or a seriously nasty virus or malware.

I went back to the basics of everything I learned when I was a rookie over at DFI.  Minimal hardware, PS2 mouse & keyboard, single stick of ram, one hard drive etc.  Low and behold, once I started adding things back in it turned out to be my keyboard..........

Kind of crazy how a wire can cause so many problems, I'll leave it unplugged for a while and report back if it locks up again. I first thought the mic was busted but then realized I have to jiggle the cord a little bit for it to get connection, had no problems when it was on my laptop but that has an i6 in it and from what I know amd is known to have shitty driver support.