Windows 10 Revealed

InCrYsIs

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2689393/windows-10-revealed-microsofts-next-os-fuses-windows-7-and-8.html

Will most likely ship between 2nd and 3rd quarter 2015

Looks like they are bringing back the start menu.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Microsoft is a genius.

Windows 8 - Removes Start Menu. Everyone gets angry, refuses to buy.

Windows 10 - New feature is a Start Menu. Everyone gets happy and upgrades from Windows 7 and 8.

Windows 11? Three Start Menus, and a Candy Crush screen saver.

Edited by El_Capitan
  • Like 1

My opinions on this

1. I am NOT, I repeat NOT upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate, I just got all of my stuff to finally work after changing from XP years ago and I still like to play games from the 2000s, which I am guessing won't work well on 10.

2. Microsoft needs to push that date back another year and call us when they get to fixing at least half of the bugs, BEFORE they release it.

3. It's still got those terrible start menu tiles.

Edited by Black64

+1 about the bugs :yucky:,.. I don't mind loading it on a few rigs to provide feed-back,.. starting tonight at midnight you can sign up for the Windows Insider program,.. http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/09/30/announcing-windows-10/,..  where PC experts and IT Pros can get access to a technical preview of Windows 10 for desktop and laptops.

Start menu is back  :P ,.. with a new costomizable space for apps and live tiles,..

Edited by Braegnok

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

I'd have called it Windows 9 personally!  :rolleyes:

I'm due an upgrade so depending on initial reviews I may just try Windows 10.

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

Without a Windows 9, there's an issue with your list. :P So it'll go Windows 8 - Bad, Windows 10 - Good.

And hey, what with Microsoft's recent trend, it's not like it could go with Windows One as the name. Not unless we suddenly went back in time 29 years. :lol:

My opinions on this

1. I am NOT, I repeat NOT upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate, I just got all of my stuff to finally work after changing from XP years ago and I still like to play games from the 2000s, which I am guessing won't work well on 10.

2. Microsoft needs to push that date back another year and call us when they get to fixing at least half of the bugs, BEFORE they release it.

Idk about 10 but my friend was able to run Elder Scrolls Arena just fine in Windows 89\ Windows 8 :glare:

As terrible as Metro/The Tiles are, as long as classic shell is adapted for Win 10 so I never see them, I shall love it as much as 8.1!

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

Windows 8 is good, just needs Classic Shell and to have the true Administrator's account unlocked....

Edited by IVIYTH0S

My opinions on this

Idk about 10 but my friend was able to run Elder Scrolls Arena just fine in Windows 89\

As terrible as Metro/The Tiles are, as long as classic shell is adapted for Win 10 so I never see them, I shall love it as much as 8.1!

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

Windows 8 is good, just needs Classic Shell and to have the true Administrator's account unlocked....

Windows 89? What alternate reality did he pull that off in?

Also, OCC article!