fixing old photo

dling

Dling, it might be defeating the purpose of your project but...................  do you have another picture of your daughter on the left from the same time period?  Maybe someone could crop her smiling face from another photo and photoshop it into the existing photo.

I will see if I can find a photo of her at around the same age. Thanks guys for all the help. Someone I work with said I could try Wolf camera. Do any of you know if thats

a good suggestion ? 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dling, it might be defeating the purpose of your project but...................  do you have another picture of your daughter on the left from the same time period?  Maybe someone could crop her smiling face from another photo and photoshop it into the existing photo.

I will see if I can find a photo of her at around the same age. Thanks guys for all the help. Someone I work with said I could try Wolf camera. Do any of you know if thats

a good suggestion ? 

Never tried it. 

Hey guys . Great news for me. I was not only able to find a picture of my daughter at the same age , I was able to find a larger copy of the same pic. How hard is it to get photos enlarged ? Heres the updated copy.

post-6219-0-98989400-1413321700_thumb.jpg

Edited by dling

What size are you looking for?

This is easily done, even for amateur photoshoppers.

What are standard sizes ? 6x9 or maybe 8x10. I would like it to be picture quality.

If you scan that cleaner photo at the highest DPI on your scanner, you could get a decent looking 5x7 or 6x9 print. If you got someone with a better scanner (2400 DPI or more) to scan it, you could have a pretty crisp image on an 8x10. It would also make retouching it a lot easier. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's a pretty damaged photo. 

It was quite a bit harder than was expecting after getting started.

There's no mouth to work with, not really a nose either...

It was fun to try...

Here's for a good laugh:

attachicon.gifpocketPhoto2.jpg

Perhaps someone else has a little more SKILLLLLLLLLLLLL lol.

:lol:

BP, I know you tried real hard and did a hell of a lot better than I could do with PS and you are honestly really close. You almost made it out of the uncanny valley, just not quite there.

I'm glad Dling found another picture to work with.Good luck with the wally world people. 

Edited by GabrielTessin