New Video Card suggestions?

Gremlin

Nvidia FTW.  I have had no problems with drivers.  AMD on the other hand......

I have a question actually.  Does anyone see any reason to upgrade an EVGA 670 2GB FTW to an EVGA 770 4GB card?

Psssh, say that to my 9800GX2.

I am going to redo the heatsink on the 580 and see if that helps to bring the card back to life.. I watched a youtube video to remove the heatsink... In that video, he removes the heatsink and I see the chip but he also removes the black plastic as well.. Should I do that as well?? or just leave that on and redo the paste and put the heatsink back on? 

Thanks never did a heatsink replacement on a gpu before

BAAAAAAAAAKE TIIIIIIIIIME! :woot:

Bake time?? What do you mean?

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=196663&hl= <--- check check it

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question actually.  Does anyone see any reason to upgrade an EVGA 670 2GB FTW to an EVGA 770 4GB card?

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=196663&hl= <--- check check it

Thank you for the link. I think my wife will have a fit if i use the oven for that.... 

Thank you for the link. I think my wife will have a fit if i use the oven for that.... 

Wait for a coolish day, let her go out with the girls, BAKE, then leave ample time for it to air out ;)

Well Iviy, we have 2 kids and she is not going to go out with the girls :P So that is out the question.. So redid the heatsink and nope did not work.. So decided to go for the 770 gtx $293 deal from newegg. Thank you for the help as always :) 

Well Iviy, we have 2 kids and she is not going to go out with the girls :P So that is out the question.. So redid the heatsink and nope did not work.. So decided to go for the 770 gtx $293 deal from newegg. Thank you for the help as always :)

Bring numbers into it, say "either i bake this and get it working for free or drop three ben's on more computer stuff" You'll see her come around...

Even if you get the new card you could bake it back to life and sell it

Actually got the card $270.89 not bad deal.. 

The stuff I buy are basically from side jobs I do.. I already tried various excuses and did not work.. So  I was hoping I would be alone next weekend so I could do it,, but bah no I am not.. 

Actually got the card $270.89 not bad deal.. 

The stuff I buy are basically from side jobs I do.. I already tried various excuses and did not work.. So  I was hoping I would be alone next weekend so I could do it,, but bah no I am not..

Oh nice, that is a good deal and close *enough* to 280x that i won't heckle you :P

Oh, well just store it until you do, or heck I'll take it if you're giving up and get it working again for a backup card maybe