Windows 7 BSOD 0xA1

Pteroduck

I'm not sure if I'm reading the BSOD error right but I was overclocking on the z97m+ from asus and i5-4690k and got it stable at 4.0Ghz @ 1.15v
I crashed while running a game and a VM and managed to get the code. It was was 0xA0000001 (0x05, 0x00,0x00)

I was doing some research and I got a flurry of responses from PCI-e GPU slot to RAM voltage/timing, CPU clock speed, and voltage.

Does anyone have any experience with it? My BSOD error didnt specificy and errors of such. I have the dump files if you guys are willing to help

Try using BlueScreenViewer to analyse the crash dump?

Thank you for the advice, I have downloaded it and used it but can't make any sense of it. I'm guessing it has something to do with my r9 290 driver, DirectX and windows 7?

2qd5qc8.png

Edited by Pteroduck

I have not. I will try when I get home and see if that works. If it helps, I got my video drivers from the XFX website and not AMD Raedeon itself.

If I get the driver from AMD, will the direct x and the other error magically go away or are they two problems in themselves?

The drivers from amd and the manufacturer are most likely the exact same driver as xfx gets them from amd.You could go to Microsoft and reinstall direct x, that might solve it. :D

Reinstalling DX would solve all the issues or just the dX?

When you were overclocking did you mess around with the bus clock or ring speed? And if so, what are they set too? Are you overclocking the video card as well?

The only things I messed with we're the voltages and multiplier. I can go home later and take screenshots of the settings via phone if that would help.

It can be a multitude of things. What PSU and graphics card are you using?

First, update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version as they're usually more stable (version 2104 is currently the latest for your board): http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

Remember to reset CMOS after the BIOS update. You'll also need to re-do your overclocks, so you might want to take a screenshot before you update your BIOS. Do exactly what you did before that caused the BSOD, and see if it crashes. If not, you're good to go.

If you still get the the same 0xA0000001 BSOD error, completely remove your AMD drivers, then re-install them:

http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-remove-your-amd-ati-gpu-drivers

Do exactly what you did before and see if it crashes. If not, you're good to go.

Again, if you still get the same 0xA0000001 BSOD error, you just may not be getting the correct amount of voltages needed to run your graphics card. It's usually a PSU issue, but if you have a good enough PSU, you just might not be sending out enough voltages from your motherboard as well. There are some settings you could adjust. I would take the simpler approaches first, though.

Edited by El_Capitan

First, update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version as they're usually more stable (version 2104 is currently the latest for your board): http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

Remember to reset CMOS after the BIOS update. You'll also need to re-do your overclocks, so you might want to take a screenshot before you update your BIOS. Do exactly what you did before that caused the BSOD, and see if it crashes. If not, you're good to go.

If you still get the the same 0xA0000001 BSOD error, completely remove your AMD drivers, then re-install them:

Do exactly what you did before and see if it crashes. If not, you're good to go.

Again, if you still get the same 0xA0000001 BSOD error, you just may not be getting the correct amount of voltages needed to run your graphics card. It's usually a PSU issue, but if you have a good enough PSU, you just might not be sending out enough voltages from your motherboard as well. There are some settings you could adjust. I would take the simpler approaches first, though.

I'm using the r9 290 and a silver stone 850w fully modular silver PSU. I have already upgraded my bios to the latest version during the initial steps of troubleshooting.

I will re add my over clock settings as before and report in to see if anything happens. You can completely remove the drivers with driver fusion correct?

I'll report back with any changes tonight to see if the issue arises. Thanks for the ideas!

First, update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version as they're usually more stable (version 2104 is currently the latest for your board): http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

If you still get the the same 0xA0000001 BSOD error, completely remove your AMD drivers, then re-install them:

Again, if you still get the same 0xA0000001 BSOD error, you just may not be getting the correct amount of voltages needed to run your graphics card. It's usually a PSU issue, but if you have a good enough PSU, you just might not be sending out enough voltages from your motherboard as well. There are some settings you could adjust. I would take the simpler approaches first, though.

You can completely remove the drivers with driver fusion correct?

Driver Fusion won't remove everything. There will still be folder remnants (which isn't as important to remove), and some registry setting still hanging around. Even CCleaner won't remove them. To be sure, it's just better to clean them out manually, or create a script to remove them.